Do you even prep bro?

Totty

Other prep stuff.... you’ve unleashed the beast lol 

1. fire extinguishers 

2. functioning smoke alarms

3. home security system signs in the yard (even if you don’t have one)

4. Fire escape route

5. passwords to your banking, investment accounts, etc for reliable loved one “just in case”

6. Reliable transportation 

7. maps in vehicles (actual maps, not just GPS/cell phone)

8. Gas tank half full at a minimum at all times

9. Spare keys

10. Road flares

11. emergency escape plan (like for a fire) with your family.

12. a dog (often mentioned as the number one deterrent by thieves).  Not even a big/intimidating dog, a yappy one does just fine.

13. exterior lights.  Your house should have lighting around all entrances, all the time.

25 minutes ago, Dome said:

Did you tell Officer Numbskull that they probably have guns too? 

Probably would probably depend on where they are.

Down south, yea real dumb idea to invade another man's land. Up north though? Something tells me given the current mindset of the general population most have been getting out of the idea of even owning a gun. 

Just now, Calvert28 said:

Something tells me given the current mindset of the general population most have been getting out of the idea of even owning a gun. 

Probably not the people who are and have been prepping for some sort of national emergency long before covid. Just my opinion.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

12. a dog (often mentioned as the number one deterrent by thieves).  Not even a big/intimidating dog, a yappy one does just fine.

My parents used to have this dog who would show his teeth and raise the hair on the back of the neck if someone came to the door. 

Anyone, literally ANYONE could say ANYTHING to him in nice voice and he'd totally relax and come over for a belly rub.

Basically the K-9 equivalent of having security system signs in your front yard but no security to back it up. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dome said:

Probably not the people who are and have been prepping for some sort of national emergency long before covid. Just my opinion.

Are you sure? Those people fit a certain demographic and typically that demographic has a certain mindset while listening to the same media sources as others like them. So those who didn't believe and didn't stock up are probably im guessing the one's with the guns and the ones who did are probably still depending on the police to protect them. That just my thoughts though. 

Just now, Dome said:

My parents used to have this dog who would show his teeth and raise the hair on the back of the neck if someone came to the door. 

Anyone, literally ANYONE could say ANYTHING to him in nice voice and he'd totally relax and come over for a belly rub.

Basically the K-9 equivalent of having security system signs in your front yard but no security to back it up. 

Lol that’s funny.

Still effective though.  Dogs are the “bark”, not the “bite”, that’s me.

People (some) have an absurd belief that their dog is gonna attack an intruder and protect them.  It won’t.  It will perhaps bark and then walk up to them for all the pets and belly rubs unless trained (extensively) otherwise.

Whenever people say “my dog will attack an intruder” I always ask when the last time they ever remember reading about an intruder being attacked or killed by the family dog. It doesn’t happen.

Dogs are loud and draw attention, that’s the benefit.

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Are you sure? Those people fit a certain demographic and typically that demographic has a certain mindset while listening to the same media sources as others like them. So those who didn't believe and didn't stock up are probably im guessing the one's with the guns and the ones who did are probably still depending on the police to protect them. That just my thoughts though. 

Well I’m as left leaning as they come and I have plenty of guns and ammo, etc.

I guess we’ll see if the neckbeards pick the wrong house?

If they haven’t learned the last week or so, life comes at ya fast.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well I’m as left leaning as they come and I have plenty of guns and ammo, etc.

I guess we’ll see if the neckbeards pick the wrong house?

If they haven’t learned the last week or so, life comes at ya fast.

Mmmmmm not left enough or at all as some would say. Glad to see you have good common sense about your home and self security. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Dome said:

Along with a first aid kit with basic medicine and bangages, a few splints, some wound seal and a a tourniquet.

I was more prepared than I thought.

Just found a 10 pack of dust masks, about 100 medium duty surgical gloves and an opened partially used 300ct box of alcohol prep wipes.

• Like 1

Found some rounds I was "low" on.  

Got some staples, and things that don't go bad.  I did notice that there is NO rice left.  Bought some canned beans and things like that.  Flour and Sugar etc.

Still no eggs anywhere.  The hunt will continue because I am out.