Do you even prep bro?

Totty

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Just started watching Doomsday Preppers and some of these people are idiots.  I can’t take most of them seriously not because they’re Preppers, but because how poorly they’re prepping.  

This one group was prepping for E5 tornadoes and they had everything stored above ground.  

Started watching it for tips, but I feel like I could do better myself.  

That show is a joke and only shows the extreme. No one would watch if it was an every day person storing two weeks of food in case of a hurricane. I'm sure you can learn something from the show, but it may be a 'what not to do' rather than a 'to do'.

8 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

This one group was prepping for E5 tornadoes and they had everything stored above ground.  

Did you see the guy who plans on winning the occupying terrorists over with his good food? It’s so good they’ll let him keep his restaurant open because they like it.

And he’ll smuggle scrap food back home to his wife. 

That’s his survival plan and they gave him a full 20 minutes on the show like everyone else.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dome said:

Did you see the guy who plans on winning the occupying terrorists over with his good food? It’s so good they’ll let him keep his restaurant open because they like it.

That’s his survival plan and they gave him a full 20 minutes on the show like everyone else.

And?  You got a better plan?

• Like 1

Just now, Dome said:

No.  I quit after the manchild ***** *** ***** started crying when his prepping partner shot his gun inside the little tent area right after he shot his own gun and had some sort of panic attack and blamed the guy for shooting his gun. 

It was literally:

PAB - Shoots gun to set off explosive.
Partner - Literally says he's going to shoot his gun, shoots his gun.
PAB - Starts crying and saying he can't hear anything, vomits, lies down, has an EMT check him out. 

He blames his prepping partner. 

Grown *** man pretending to be some badass prepper and starts crying because he couldn't handle the discharge of a gun when he was fully warned about it.  Also the same man preaching to his kids and makes a 6-year-old take part in killing a goat to prepare him and blah blah blah. 

I quit watching once I realized that I hoped everyone would get stuck in a Walmart during the apocalypse and have to deal with it without their preparations.

There was one REALLY nerdy guy, probably on the spectrum, that was the only one I could remotely root for. 

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

No.  I quit after the manchild ***** *** ***** started crying when his prepping partner shot his gun inside the little tent area right after he shot his own gun and had some sort of panic attack and blamed the guy for shooting his gun. 

Oh yeah, I wanted to pummel that guy. 

You mean to tell me that the guy who asked his 5 year old son to choose between letting his mother or dad die in a mock attack on the house is a flaming d-bag?! No way!

I also looked up the BBQ restaurant the guy plans on using to win over the terrorists into keeping his family alive 

reviews are mediocre 

apparently a man from the “persons of Walmart” Facebook page who lives in the Pacific Northwest doesn’t know good BBQ. who could have known?!

also, the guy uses ketchup as “war paint” in the episode and no I’m not making that up 

Edited by Dome