Do you even prep bro?

Totty

7 hours ago, Totty said:

Found some rounds I was "low" on.  

Got some staples, and things that don't go bad.  I did notice that there is NO rice left.  Bought some canned beans and things like that.  Flour and Sugar etc.

Still no eggs anywhere.  The hunt will continue because I am out. 

They limited eggs to 2 per customer at the local Kroger.  Same with milk, TP, paper towels and bread.

Still not sure who’s buying milk in bulk, but whatever...

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They limited eggs to 2 per customer at the local Kroger.  Same with milk, TP, paper towels and bread.

Still not sure who’s buying milk in bulk, but whatever...

Milk.... think of one animal that drinks milk past being a baby.... Not on my list if things to stock up on.  Unless children are in the house.

• Like 1

I have a supply of canned goods and such I always keep on hand for hurricane season. A few cases of water. Got a few boxes of ammo for my Sig, about 50 shells for my Benelli Nova. Batteries, flashlights, crank powered hand radio... I have a generator attached to my house (previous owners got it after Hurricane Ike) and that helps. If the power grid goes down, I'm still in business.

Most of my prepping is for big storms, this is... different.

• Like 2

So I waited after the initial idiot time. Got me some TP, one pack which is all I’ll need.  Got plenty of rice. Got plenty of canned beans. Actually the one item I was “desperate” for I got in antibacterial soap. Loaded up in .270 shells, 130 and 150 grain. Got the Buckeyes, that golden delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate. And other various things I wanted. Was hankering for a dog with sauerkraut and a Cleveland delite stadium mustard, but idiots did hoard the all important buns 😕 so that was a fail. 

The important thing in this? Stay calm and use your good sense, assuming you have it. If you don’t, well please at least try. Or find someone who does. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

So I waited after the initial idiot time. Got me some TP, one pack which is all I’ll need.  Got plenty of rice. Got plenty of canned beans. Actually the one item I was “desperate” for I got in antibacterial soap. Loaded up in .270 shells, 130 and 150 grain. Got the Buckeyes, that golden delicious combo of peanut butter and chocolate. And other various things I wanted. Was hankering for a dog with sauerkraut and a Cleveland delite stadium mustard, but idiots did hoard the all important buns 😕 so that was a fail. 

The important thing in this? Stay calm and use your good sense, assuming you have it. If you don’t, well please at least try. Or find someone who does. 

From what I’ve heard out little store is stocked back up and people have calmed down a bit 

hoping for a semi regular week, maybe a little slower. Good thing about small towns is once the locals are stocked up, you’re good. We don’t have hundreds of thousands of people looking for stuff 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

I have a supply of canned goods and such I always keep on hand for hurricane season. A few cases of water. Got a few boxes of ammo for my Sig, about 50 shells for my Benelli Nova. Batteries, flashlights, crank powered hand radio... I have a generator attached to my house (previous owners got it after Hurricane Ike) and that helps. If the power grid goes down, I'm still in business.

Most of my prepping is for big storms, this is... different.

That reminds me - i need to get some more gas for my generator.  I think i'm at about half.

• Like 1

All the joking about people who prep should probably stop after this.  I never prepped, but I always appreciated those who did.  Never really made fun of them either.  I know COVID-19 is bad and everything, but it's not, as far as I can tell, remotely close to the pandemics and disasters that are possible.  I'm not trying to say zombies are possible or anything, but imagine a virus ten times as bad as COVID-19 or even just twice as bad and the kind of crisis that would create. 

I'm planning on getting a nice cushion of cash, some canned/dry foods, a few gallons of water as well as water filters/purifiers, some more ammo, first aid kit, etc. 

I'll obviously wait until this current crisis blows over, but I can just picture the peace of mind I would have right now if I had been prepared to stay home for a month. 

Might build bombshelter later. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

All the joking about people who prep should probably stop after this.  I never prepped, but I always appreciated those who did.  Never really made fun of them either.  I know COVID-19 is bad and everything, but it's not, as far as I can tell, remotely close to the pandemics and disasters that are possible.  I'm not trying to say zombies are possible or anything, but imagine a virus ten times as bad as COVID-19 or even just twice as bad and the kind of crisis that would create. 

I'm planning on getting a nice cushion of cash, some canned/dry foods, a few gallons of water as well as water filters/purifiers, some more ammo, first aid kit, etc. 

I'll obviously wait until this current crisis blows over, but I can just picture the peace of mind I would have right now if I had been prepared to stay home for a month. 

Might build bombshelter later. 

It can be taken to an absurd extreme, but yeah, I’ve never understood why preparing for anything was considered odd.