Lions trade CB Darius Slay to Eagles for 3rd and 5th round; Slay gets (3 year, $50 M, $30 M gt'd extension)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I bet it's one of our 3rds

Perhaps, probably what it is.
At this point I'd rather trade that 3rd with our first to go get Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs and trade the other with DB + a pick next year for Yannick 
If we could get Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs + a 2nd round DB + Yannick then at least two more WRs in the 4th, LB, DBs OL depth...would go a long way to reopening a window.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Perhaps, probably what it is.
At this point I'd rather trade that 3rd with our first to go get Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs and trade the other with DB + a pick next year for Yannick 
If we could get Lamb/Jeudy/Ruggs + a 2nd round DB + Yannick then at least two more WRs in the 4th, LB, DBs OL depth...would go a long way to reopening a window.

Bro I'm too tired to analyze all that but I'll take your word for it haha

11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

go to sleep happy..they just gave us Slay as an apology for Golden Tate. Sweet Dreams

Haha that's fair. Shoot I'm off tomorrow due to all this virus stuff. So I'll prob be up for a while longer obsessing over any and all Darius Slay content I can find.

• Like 1

Rumor has it he’ll cost a 2nd.  

I always find it funny how the fans of team giving up the picks always initially low ball the offer.  A 4th for Slay?  Raiders and a few other teams would most likely gladly give up a 3rd plus.  I can’t see him going for less then a 3rd.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Rumor has it he’ll cost a 2nd.  

I always find it funny how the fans of team giving up the picks always initially low ball the offer.  A 4th for Slay?  Raiders and a few other teams would most likely gladly give up a 3rd plus.  I can’t see him going for less then a 3rd.

Oh I think he'll go for more than a 4th, 

But he's 29, was either hurt a lot or disgruntled enough to take a dip in performance.
Wants a big deal and is on a team that has lost leverage once the bridge to returning was set aflame last year.
The Eagles are an aging team that needs young talent on cheap deals.

• So if it was a 4th, I'd be happy. He's a better player than the vets who were on the open market, I'll eat a 4th for that.
  •  
  • A 3rd I'm soso, but can live with it and hope he returns to form.
    But would probably take a guy like Trufant and being able to draft someone like Van Jefferson in the 3rd and save the cash too.
  •  
  • If it's a 2nd I hope we are getting a pick back and we are dumping Alshon in the deal.
    And kinda pissed until he shadows Amari Cooper all game and makes him quit like he did last year.

We had a run of very good corners with Eric Allen to Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent to Lito Sheppard and Sheldon Brown to Asante.

• Those McNabb Choke teams of 2002-2003 had 4 of those guys
    • I miss having Troy Vincent locking down 1 guy and a 6'3" Bobby Taylor to match up with the big bodies

Asante was a beast in the 2008 playoffs (until Fitz, nobody stopped 2008 Fitz)

• TD vs the Vikings
  • Ran a pick back to the 2 vs the Giants
  • 25 picks in 4 years counting the playoffs

No real #1 since he left in 2012.

Dream Team members DRC and Nnamdi were talented corners who played well elsewhere but they were absolute trash in Philly.

23 years of having at least 1 and often 2 very good corners to the 2012-2019 clown show of stone hands, no ball awareness, and playing 10 yards off the receiver

When people said it was amazing that KC won last year with those corners, my reply was 'Hold the 2017 Eagles beer".

• Like 1