Lions trade CB Darius Slay to Eagles for 3rd and 5th round; Slay gets (3 year, $50 M, $30 M gt'd extension)

RaidersAreOne

58 minutes ago, ACO said:

Slay is great though he had a down year. I think he will bounce back in Philly. He will have fun in the NFC east.

He didn't really have that down of a year. No CB in the league is going to play press man with the team rushing 3 guys 85% of the time and not get beat some. He's in his prime for another year or two if you ask me. I dunno if he's worth that contract but he isn't on the decline just yet imo.

• Like 1

We'll have him for his age 29, 30, and 31 years. Some of our fans acting as if age 29-31 is a fossil. Meanwhile there's a slew of examples of guys (CB in particular) playing at a high level at that age range. Look no further than yesterday for examples of guys getting paid at 31. Funny how ppl will play devil's advocate at literally all costs. Especially when it comes to age. Negladelphia at its finest. So annoying.

26 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

He didn't really have that down of a year. No CB in the league is going to play press man with the team rushing 3 guys 85% of the time and not get beat some. He's in his prime for another year or two if you ask me. I dunno if he's worth that contract but he isn't on the decline just yet imo.

Tough to say, as he did look tighter last year.  Plus, wasn't he dealing with hamstring issues for the bulk of last season?

Still very good, but I don't think he comes anywhere near playing a full season for the Eagles.

31 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Tough to say, as he did look tighter last year.  Plus, wasn't he dealing with hamstring issues for the bulk of last season?

Still very good, but I don't think he comes anywhere near playing a full season for the Eagles.

Yeah, well, you thought he would re-sign with the Lions, so

1 minute ago, Superduperman said:

Ah I'm just messin with ya. I told you they'd trade him tho

Yeah, yeah.

Most are irritated because Slay is such a fun, likeable guy with some juice left.

All in all, that's a pretty good get for an older CB with one year left on his contract, though.

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

Not really understanding this from Detroit's POV. Slay/Okudah could have been an incredible CB duo, instead, they're just going to have to burn their 3rd overall pick just to basically get back to their own status quo at the corner position? 

They just signed Trufant, right? So it's now Trufant/Okudah. Probably a money saving move, to be honest...

• Like 1