Lions trade CB Darius Slay to Eagles for 3rd and 5th round; Slay gets (3 year, $50 M, $30 M gt'd extension)

RaidersAreOne

15 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Why are coaches who have achieved nothing like this?

That crap works on kids, but it's still dumb. Patricia sounds like a schmuck every story I hear of him.
Hopefully he doesn't crater things further for you Lions fans.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Why would any coach say that? Maybe he was joking or something, but that’s some BoB type of ish.

There's no context and that type of comment can be ready several ways, but Patricia acknowledged he made many mistakes his first year, many of which didn't carry over.

I don't believe Slay when he says he was done before Diggs was traded. 

IIRC, his agents were working with Detroit on an extension as late as a month ago.

Honestly, IMO, this is just piling on because it's easy to pile on a team like Detroit.

• Like 4

Patricia is an idiot! That's clear. He thinks because he was around Belicheck he can act or possibly get away with saying something BB "Might" say. However even I don't think Belicheck would alienate or poorly try to motivate his best CB by suggesting, You're not on that level.

Posted in the Eagles Forum. Anyone have Sherman, Talib, PP, Ramsey, Gilmore ect? I'm curious?

Since 2015:

- Chris Harris: 76 games, 40 pass breakups, 10 INTs

- Byron Jones: 79 games, 43 pass breakups, 2 INTs

- Desmond Trufant: 65 games, 46 pass breakups, 8 INTs

- AJ Bouye: 73 games, 56 pass breakups, 11 INTs

- Darius Slay (PHI): 74 games, 82 pass breakups, 17 INTs

Since 2017, 36 DBs have seen at least 200 targets as the nearest defender in coverage. Only Marlon Humphrey (49.2) and Stephon Gilmore (49.2) have allowed a lower comp pct than Darius Slay (51.8), per NextGen Stats

Edited by Nabbs4u

8 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

There's no context and that type of comment can be ready several ways

This. Patricia likes to joke with players... he could have absolutely been taking a playful shot. Without context, it's hard to know. (So, of course, many will interpret it in the worst way possible.)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Patricia is an idiot! That's clear. He thinks because he was around Belicheck he can act or possibly get away with saying something BB "Might" say. However even I don't think Belicheck would alienate or poorly try to motivate his best CB by suggesting, You're not on that level.

Posted in the Eagles Forum. Anyone have Sherman, Talib, PP, Ramsey, Gilmore ect? I'm curious?

Strange stats. They don't list catches/yards/TDs allowed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Scared to even ask but WTF is that even supposed to mean?

Sigh...

For the record: I don't believe that Slay's intentions are racially motivated at all. (And, to clarify: I did not make that comment.)

It's well-documented that a core group of players didn't want Caldwell fired, and they wanted Patricia even less. (Members of this group include Slay, Glover Quin and Quandre Diggs, among others.) It's reported that their disdain for the coaching changes led to them "mailing it in" during 2018, and the subsequent removal of those players from the roster. They began to complain to the media about how "hard" practices were, how they had to run more, how they had to wear pads more... everything. Knowing that Patricia prefers to keep things out of the media, they made continued efforts to share their displeasure whenever possible. It's believed that this environment formed the foundation for Slay's relationship with Patricia.

This has nothing to do with Patricia's race, and everything to do with the differences between Caldwell and Patricia. Caldwell was the "nice coach"... a friend. Patricia is far more the disciplinarian.

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

During the Super Bowl media week, when asked if he'd like to remain with Detroit, Slay said "Of course I want an extension." Think about it: if Patricia really said that comment, and meant it in an insulting way, why would Slay want to return?

Context, people.

You answered your own question in the same post. You don't bad mouth the Organization that controls your future and your potential extension moving forward.  That's just common sense! At least for a Smart individual unlike say AB!

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

You answered your own question in the same post. You don't bad mouth the Organization that controls your future and your potential extension moving forward.  That's just common sense! At least for a Smart individual unlike say AB!

Which, if you know Slay's history, he "bad mouthed the organization" in a very repeated and public way while a member of the team, especially when Diggs was traded.

(Just days ago, while still a member of the Lions, Slay was expressing his want to leave on social media. This is a sharp contrast from his Super Bowl week comments.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway