Week 3 GDT: Denver Broncos(2-0) @ Buffalo Bills(1-1)

broncosfan07

3 hours ago, champ11 said:

I haven't been wildly unimpressed with Simmons. He's been a good tackler. Mistakes in coverage so far, for sure. But yeah our TE and RB coverage last year was really not good and I don't think it's killed us yet. Real test will be against the Chiefs in a few weeks so hopefully Parks and Simmons improve by then.

Vance, Olivo, and Woods are going to go through growing pains. You aren't going to step in for the first time and do a flawless job as a football coach or in any profession. You learn from errors and I'm sure Olivo and Joseph will take something from the fake punt failĀ 

His tackling was pretty horrible against the Bills. He brought all the physicality of a 5'9" corner. Brings absolutely no pop in the open field, physical WRs and RBs will continue to expose that. The "no missed tackles" stat was as fraudulent as it gets. I have no faith in his ability to make the play if a guy like Kareem Hunt pops through the front 7 into space. It's not good enough to be a form tackler against NFL athletes in space.

He's nothing but a good athlete at this point. He takes bad angles in run support, has corner physicality playing safety, and makes mental errors constantly. I'm disappointed because I thought he'd step in and do a good job immediately. I was more concerned with Parks, and there's still reason to be although Simmons' constant mistakes overshadow his. I think Jamal Carter is going to be a better long term fit as the TJ replacement.

Archived