Week 3 GDT: Denver Broncos(2-0) @ Buffalo Bills(1-1)

broncosfan07

25 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Did you see the stat I posted? The Broncos have won 14 of their last 17 games, all on the road, when playing the morning game. 

I already replied above - suck was too strong but as @broncosfan07 already pointed out we don’t play nearly as well, not even close. 

The TAM / JAX /  TEN / NO games last year (CIN was a night game).   The CLE / IND / CHI games in 2015 (DET was bad but I think that was MNF and IIRC PIT was the late game).   None of those early 1 pm road games we played well.  

It’s also why that part was just part of the challenges - not the biggest reason not enough by itself.   I still see a victory but it’s going to be closer than on paper talent evaluation would suggest.  

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

I already replied above - suck was too strong but as @broncosfan07 already pointed out we don’t play nearly as well, not even close. 

The TAM / JAX /  TEN / NO games last year (CIN was a night game).   The CLE / IND / CHI games in 2015 (DET was bad but I think that was MNF and IIRC PIT was the late game).   None of those early 1 pm road games we played well.  

It’s also why that part was just part of the challenges - not the biggest reason not enough by itself.   I still see a victory but it’s going to be closer than on paper talent evaluation would suggest.  

Oh I agree it's more difficult for us (just for it is for the other five western-based teams) to travel east and have to play the morning game. My point was just that, difficult as it is, we've had a lot of success in recent years when doing that. 

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Oh I agree it's more difficult for us (just for it is for the other five western-based teams) to travel east and have to play the morning game. My point was just that, difficult as it is, we've had a lot of success in recent years when doing that. 

Yeah they’ve been nailbiters but W’s...unlike teams like the Chargers lol.  

We shouldn’t expect a blowout like it seems on paper.  I’m glad to see VJ is having team travel Friday to get a full practice on Sat there.  Smart move for sure.  Even if it means spending an extra day in that cesspool of a stadium (Buf fans have my respect as maybe the most hardcore group as they have  to watch 8 games in that weather and that dump - went 2x myself b4 never again lol).

9 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah they’ve been nailbiters but W’s...unlike teams like the Chargers lol.  

We shouldn’t expect a blowout like it seems on paper.  I’m glad to see VJ is having team travel Friday to get a full practice on Sat there.  Smart move for sure.  Even if it means spending an extra day in that cesspool of a stadium (Buf fans have my respect as maybe the most hardcore group as they have  to watch 8 games in that weather and that dump - went 2x myself b4 never again lol).

Yeah I've heard nothing good about that stadium. But I doubt we will be practicing there, I'd wager they found a facility somewhere to practice on Saturday. 

FWIW good news on the DL front, we finally have some depth - Kerr's been cleared (along with Booker).  Sounds like even though Bolles is on the field, he's still likely not playing, given the talk from VJ.   I'd expect Peko Jr. is a game-day inactive given Kerr's versatility to play DE and NT, and D-Henderson is a game-day inactive until he gets another week of practice (Booker helps on ST right away, regardless of whether he sees any RB work).

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-notes-left-tackle-dilemma-booker-kerr-fully-cleared/477428877

23 hours ago, Broncofan said:

FWIW good news on the DL front, we finally have some depth - Kerr's been cleared (along with Booker).  Sounds like even though Bolles is on the field, he's still likely not playing, given the talk from VJ.   I'd expect Peko Jr. is a game-day inactive given Kerr's versatility to play DE and NT, and D-Henderson is a game-day inactive until he gets another week of practice (Booker helps on ST right away, regardless of whether he sees any RB work).

http://www.9news.com/sports/broncos-notes-left-tackle-dilemma-booker-kerr-fully-cleared/477428877

FWIW, Cecil Lammey thinks Bolles will play on Sunday. 

Cordy Glenn and Marcell Dareus both out. As long as Von and Shaq can keep contain when Shady bounces outside, they have their easiest matchups of the season and our interior OL should be able to overpower their DTs in the run game. I see a 23-10 Broncos win. Play a clean game and get out healthy for Oakland which can be treated as a playoff game before the bye.

On 9/21/2017 at 12:49 PM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Did you see the stat I posted? The Broncos have won 14 of their last 17 games, all on the road, when playing the morning game. 

I don't think he did.  I think he just came in here and started posting things...just off the handle stuff.  

As far as Buffalo...the wings are as advertised...they are delicious.  

17 minutes ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't think he did.  I think he just came in here and started posting things...just off the handle stuff.  

As far as Buffalo...the wings are as advertised...they are delicious.  

I don't know... they were okay, I guess... the Anchor Bar was cool and all but I've had much better wings elsewhere. But wings are one of my favorite foods. 

Favorite all time wings were in Omaha at Addys

Favorite chain is pluckers (in Texas and Louisiana)

tip for making wings at home: steam them for 5 min and then let them cool to room temp before frying/grilling. It turns the cartilage in the skin into gelatin that makes them SUPER crispy when you cook them and you only need to cook them for half as long which keeps the meat moist 

3 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I don't know... they were okay, I guess... the Anchor Bar was cool and all but I've had much better wings elsewhere. But wings are one of my favorite foods. 

tip for making wings at home: steam them for 5 min and then let them cool to room temp before frying/grilling. It turns the cartilage in the skin into gelatin that makes them SUPER crispy when you cook them and you only need to cook them for half as long which keeps the meat moist 

Pluckers 5 minutes from my office. So lit

9 minutes ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

Wings are close second to tacos in my book...and I mean real tacos...just meat in a corn tortilla with hot sauce and cilantro.  I agree with you though you can find good wings elsewhere.  I went to college in that neck of the woods and found that Benchwarmers in Ithaca, NY and those were stellar.  

Archived