Brady's signing seems to have given us our choice of FAs

bucsfan333

20 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Wow. Clearly not the same guy. Not sure if I'd be excited about signing him. Maybe for cheap. 

Agreed. Getting a RB now would mean more 2nd round flexibility for a QB or something in the draft, but I’d rather have JK Dobbins or Clyde in the draft. Pay a vet CB and Suh now.

Edited by Lil' Shorty
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, indifference said:

Rams OL was bad last year but Gurley def didnt look like the same player he was before. id take him on a prove it 1 ye deal

He has arthritic condition of knee. Those only get worse. We've seen his best already...

I'd take the 1 year flier though like you said...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

A one year gamble seems counterproductive to the idea of going balls out the next two years.

I would expect more of the sure thing. Or at least closer to it.

I would rather have Gurley for 1 yr if the contract is low, then a healthy Dare for 2 yrs.  They are going to draft a RB irregardless of who they sign to partner with Rojo.  I can t see how a rookie to start the season gets a lot of reps.  Even a prospect like Edwards Helaire is going to have to really earn reps.  Coaches will always favor vet RBs over rookies when it comes to pass pro.  

My personal preference is to sign Lewis in FA.  The Pats for yrs have kept depth RBs on 1 yr deals.  Most recently Burkhead comes to mind.  

Edited by ravishingone
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

A one year gamble seems counterproductive to the idea of going balls out the next two years.

I would expect more of the sure thing. Or at least closer to it.

If they're interested in Gurley, then they think he's a sure thing. You're still talking about a 25 year old only 1 year removed from an MVP type season...

Most teams think they can him closer to that 2018 level than 2019 for 1-2 years...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports "NFL teams are miffed about Tom Brady's interactions with staff members in Tampa despite restrictions."

La Canfora added, "They are anticipating some stern discipline from the NFL office. Many have conveyed their dismay to league officials." Brady made headlines after accidentally walking into a random house in the Tampa Bay area while attempting to find OC Byron Leftwich's residence. It remains to be seen what "stern discipline" will consist of, but it's hard to imagine anything resembling the form of suspension or loss of draft picks