Mock Attempt Final before Draft Day (Post combine / Post FA)

Giants4eva

Just now, Giants4eva said:

Absolutely he would. LOL Like I said "arguably" Simmons is the best player in the draft. Well see what happens.

I honestly feel Young is a sure fire selection in the mold of the Bosa brothers before him, and is going to succeed early and often. For Simmons however, he has to be used in a multitude of different ways to even make the remotely same impact Young brings from just rushing the passer (not to mention his dominance in the run game). Not to say he can't excel in all these different roles, but its harder to see his path to stardom through so many different avenues. Isaiah Simmons is a Safety with the body of a Pass Rusher. His career trajectory will fall solely with the DC and HC he lands with. I would say maybe four or five teams can use him effectively given their staff's pedigree with top notch LB'ers. Young can just be told get to the ball, and he will just make play after play. Young is a game changer, Simmons is a chess piece. One has to be game planned against, the other can be avoided. 

52 minutes ago, YogiBiz said:

I honestly feel Young is a sure fire selection in the mold of the Bosa brothers before him, and is going to succeed early and often. For Simmons however, he has to be used in a multitude of different ways to even make the remotely same impact Young brings from just rushing the passer (not to mention his dominance in the run game). Not to say he can't excel in all these different roles, but its harder to see his path to stardom through so many different avenues. Isaiah Simmons is a Safety with the body of a Pass Rusher. His career trajectory will fall solely with the DC and HC he lands with. I would say maybe four or five teams can use him effectively given their staff's pedigree with top notch LB'ers. Young can just be told get to the ball, and he will just make play after play. Young is a game changer, Simmons is a chess piece. One has to be game planned against, the other can be avoided. 

I actually think Simmons will have a bigger impact for his team.  I have concerns about Young disappearing towards end of season, but Simmons is a modern NFL LBer. He may be a few years too soon, though. 

1 hour ago, Kodaraw said:

I actually think Simmons will have a bigger impact for his team.  

Really you think so? More on that in a second. 

I have concerns about Young disappearing towards end of season,

So did you have these same concerns about Garrett, or the Bosa brothers? If not, then you're falling for the yearly nitpicking season.  He obviously was gearing towards a shut down after his first half dominance. A pass rusher of Young's caliber is why you tank after finding your QBOTF.

but Simmons is a modern NFL LBer. He may be a few years too soon, though. 

We just don't have the pass rush necessary to allow him to shine with his play all over the field. Which plays on the a few years too soon idea you dropped.  

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 12:43 PM, Gmen19851 said:

I'm not saying it will, but I wonder if the Redskins picking young at 2 will make it more likely for us to pick an OT at 4 or in a trade down to deal with him for the next 10 years

Me personally after free agency the bases we covered with CB and LB, I just cannot see it any way clear we don't take a tackle now. My thing is is that I think Gettleman is eyeing a trade even if its a minor one to try to gain another pick of some type. Ideally he doesn't trade us out of the top 10 but well see. If we slide to somewhere like 11-14 id be ok in the sense I think we could still come away with a tackle. But I deff see a trade coming.

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, ny92mike said:

OT Andrew Thomas, LG Will Hernandez, C Lloyd Cushenberry, RG Kevin Zeitler, RT Nate Solder.....make it happen.

I wanted Ruiz so bad. But he was rising super fast. Cushenberry IF we take him at 36.. just wow.. oline is ready. I dont know if we are gonna take him though considering we have Yetur Gross Matos, Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit and Zack Baun still floating around

19 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I wanted Ruiz so bad. But he was rising super fast. Cushenberry IF we take him at 36.. just wow.. oline is ready. I dont know if we are gonna take him though considering we have Yetur Gross Matos, Xavier McKinney, Grant Delpit and Zack Baun still floating around

I want Delpit so bad. I just hope he figures out tackling in the NFL; when/if he does, he will be one of the elite Safeties in the league. Cushenberry has top 10 OC upside as well. Idk, I am torn.