Eagles trade for CB Darius Slay

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’ve never seen players unite against 1 PFF grade like they are for Slay. Mathieu, Haden, Gilmore, all gone out of their way on twitter to disagree w/ the narrative that Slay had a down 2019. 

Well that's because the idiot analytics people out there think PFF is the Go to Tell Tell sign for greatness. 

What I find hilarious is a Supposed Down year for Slay in 2019 is still Light Years better then any CB has had for the Eagles in a decade!

Yet Despite 2019 being so bad supposedly all of these Stats being posted are Still absurd? Figure that out for me?

Darius Slay has given up two catches over 50 yards in 6,030 snaps in his career.

Didn't Rasul and Mills do that in a QT last season alone? NYG/Wash?

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet Despite 2019 being so bad supposedly all of these Stats being posted are Still absurd? Figure that out for me?

He was very very good from 2014 to 2018. So he accumulated a lot of positive stats in those years and the down 19 didn't really effect his lead. But that's also what makes 19 stand out so much. 

Now was it him playing through a hamstring injury? Did he just check out after the deadline because he hated patricia and the lions traded away one of his better friends for nothing in Diggs? Was last year his age starting to slowly show?

Probably some combination of all those things. 

Just got to hope it was mostly column B. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He was very very good from 2014 to 2018. So he accumulated a lot of positive stats in those years and the down 19 didn't really effect his lead. But that's also what makes 19 stand out so much. 

Now was it him playing through a hamstring injury? Did he just check out after the deadline because he hated patricia and the lions traded away one of his better friends for nothing in Diggs? Was last year his age starting to slowly show?

Probably some combination of all those things. 

Just got to hope it was mostly column B. 

I'm 100% positive it was him not playing hard for the coaches.

Now that he is paid I don't think we will have that issue. Also as long as Doug doesn't tell him to "stop sucking that man's ***".

@ninjapirate the chances we get a player of Darius's caliber is very slim in the 3rd and especially 5th rounds. The deal the Eagles see is 15m/ year which doesn't make him the top paid corner.. Jenkins is 32 an the past 4 years, hes played great to good football.  Darius Slay wlll be just fine as an Eagle.. I think the faster the player naturally is at Corner(4.36 for Slay), the longer his career ends up being. As he ages, he may go down to 4.45 to 4.5 40 which is still pretty fast. 

Edited by eagles18

7 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

@ninjapirate the chances we get a player of Darius's caliber is very slim in the 3rd and especially 5th rounds. The deal the Eagles see is 15m/ year which doesn't make him the top paid corner.. Jenkins is 32 an the past 4 years, hes played great to good football.  Darius Slay wlll be just fine as an Eagle.. I think the faster the player naturally is at Corner(4.36 for Slay), the longer his career ends up being. As he ages, he may go down to 4.45 to 4.5 40 which is still pretty fast. 

We could have traded for DeAndre Hopkins for a 7th round pick and he could have agreed to play for the vet minimum and ninja would still complain. It’s what’s in his soul