Sign in to follow this  
EaglesPeteC

Eagles trade for CB Darius Slay

So last CB to wear #24 that didn't Suck Sheldon Brown?

On 3/21/2020 at 9:54 PM, Nabbs4u said:

So last CB to wear #24 that didn't Suck Sheldon Brown?

Most underrated corner of his era

3 minutes ago, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Sheldon was the best corner we've had since probably Troy Vincent.

Posted (edited)

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-darius-slay-is-poised-to-bounce-back-for-the-philadelphia-eagles?utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=cjaff&cjevent=698aa23b6d2d11ea83fe00180a24060c

"Covering receivers in man coverage is one of the most difficult things to do on the football field, as evidenced by the PFF grades when cornerbacks are targeted in single coverage. Only a handful of cornerbacks graded above 60.0 over the last two seasons, as they’re generally going to be targeted when receivers have separation. Slay faced more of these targets than all but two corners."

Slay's grade of 56.4 is actually really solid when put into proper context of what he's asked to do.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Danger said:

Sheldon was the best corner we've had since probably Troy Vincent.

Lito was better. This forum overrates sheldon because of the Reggie Bush tackle and forgets that he got owned by basically every good WR that was 6'2" or taller. Asante was better in coverage, but a much worse tackler. I remember Asante tackling a guy by basically doing the bend over and touch your toes stretch. He tackled the guy using his spine.

The best CB we've had since Troy was Patrick Robinson in our SB year. He played very well from the slot, and it was the most unexpected thing ever, because he was the worst cb I'd ever seen in preseason.

Edited by Jeezla

7 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Lito was better. This forum overrates sheldon because of the Reggie Bush tackle and forgets that he got owned by basically every good WR that was 6'2" or taller. Asante was better in coverage, but a much worse tackler. I remember Asante tackling a guy by basically doing the bend over and touch your toes stretch. He tackled the guy using his spine.

Sheldon Brown was good at coverage. Lito and Asante gave up more plays but also got more picks.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:21 PM, EaglesFan5-36-81 said:

Absolutely. Loved that guy. His hit on Reggie Bush is still my favorite hit of all time.

On 3/23/2020 at 2:21 PM, Jeezla said:

The best CB we've had since Troy was Patrick Robinson in our SB year. He played very well from the slot, and it was the most unexpected thing ever, because he was the worst cb I'd ever seen in preseason.

Robinson was great in the slot when he was on the Chargers so it wasn't crazy to me to see him play well there again. Somehow the Eagles cannot find an outside corner worth a damn but they have had some luck finding slot corners with Boykin, Robinson, and now LeBlanc.