Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EaglesPeteC

Eagles trade for CB Darius Slay

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Basically same money as Byron. Only a year and a half older and 17 more career INT’s 

Yeah but there aren't a lot of 29+ year old CBs still playing at a high level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

eagles rumors have Ertz/Julio names in them

Where are you seeing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Yeah but there aren't a lot of 29+ year old CBs still playing at a high level. 

I did see that Daniel Jones scored 2 long TDs on him. But again I think he will bounce back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Yeah but there aren't a lot of 29+ year old CBs still playing at a high level. 

Stephon Gilmore 29

Patrick Peterson 29

Casey Hayward 30

CHris Harris 31

Richard Sherman 31

 

Should I keep going?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

This is golden tate level bad 

I wouldn't say that. It's not good, but it's not bad. The additional 5th is rather disappointing. 

Fun fact.... we paid a higher AAV for Slay than was paid for Byron Jones.... yay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't say that. It's not good, but it's not bad. The additional 5th is rather disappointing. 

Fun fact.... we paid a higher AAV for Slay than was paid for Byron Jones.... yay.

Danger yesterday: We should trade so we only have like 6th picks

Danger today: The additional 5th is rather disappointing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm kind of disappointed it's 85th overall and not 105th, but it's a difference of 20 picks. Are we really splitting hairs over this difference, and a 5th round pick? Some ppl gotta complain just to complain man. We weren't picking 10 ******* guys anyways the roster can't hold that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger yesterday: We should trade so we only have like 6th picks

Danger today: The additional 5th is rather disappointing

6 total picks. And I meant packaging picks to move up and get better picks. Slay's level of play last year was really bad. I'm hoping for our sakes that he bounces back, but I won't hold my breath.

I'm not as upset as everyone else is, but such is life. If we were gonna offer him this much money, I don't see why we didn't just beat the Dolphins for Byron Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Danger yesterday: We should trade so we only have like 6th picks

Danger today: The additional 5th is rather disappointing

Lmao exactly what I was thinking. Ppl are funny sometimes man. A 5th round pick is the kicker for it being a meh too bad trade? Give me a break. Open your eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Lmao exactly what I was thinking. Ppl are funny sometimes man. A 5th round pick is the kicker for it being a meh too bad trade? Give me a break. Open your eyes.

It's mostly because Slay was just awful last year, we paid more than the perceived value so there is inevitably going to be frustration. If Slay can rebound then it's good for us. Again though, I won't expect it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Stephon Gilmore 29

Patrick Peterson 29

Casey Hayward 30

CHris Harris 31

Richard Sherman 31

 

Should I keep going?????

Gilmore the rest of that list is debatable lets see: 

Sherman had a decent year this year 2018 was bad 

Harris slot CB

Peterson fell off 2 years ago 

Hayward (above 90 QB pass rating when targeted the last two years) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nlesthought said:

Gilmore the rest of that list is debatable lets see: 

Sherman had a decent year this year 2018 was bad 

Harris slot CB

Peterson fell off 2 years ago 

Hayward (above 90 QB pass rating when targeted the last two years) 

All of those players have played LIGHT YEARS ahead of anything the Eagles have trotted out in a decade. They are all (maybe besides Pat Pete) in like that top 10 or 15 PFF CB's last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Danger said:

I wouldn't say that. It's not good, but it's not bad. The additional 5th is rather disappointing. 

Fun fact.... we paid a higher AAV for Slay than was paid for Byron Jones.... yay.

It’s been said even with a better contract offer, Byron wanted out of the NFCE. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jroc04 said:

It’s been said even with a better contract offer, Byron wanted out of the NFCE. 

I'm aware that's what was said, but at the same time I remain skeptical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slay will probably look pretty good when the other corner is Jalen mills 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×