slay traded

flyguy1609

6 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

When I first heard the news about Slay I was all excited about his being out of the division - until I remembered that we traded Stefon Diggs too, so what have we gained?  :S

Both guys seem to be cut from the same cloth so our losses are also our gains.

• Like 2

Don’t wanna tag the entire thing but nice job calling out my mistake TL.  Looked back over there scores and a lot of those D’s actually did really well.  There stats are a little misleading due to a lot of poor offenses on there schedule ( particular in division) but non the less some of the scores given up overal impressive.

That said I’m a HUGE Tom Brady fan and the Pats had been my team B for 20 years.  I watch almost all there games and am usually just as invested in there playoff games as I am Lions regular season grades.  I just always felt like there defenses were lacking during that period. Maybe some of the games against elite offenses and the Super Bowls have a greater impact on my memory 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BigC421/ said:

Don’t wanna tag the entire thing but nice job calling out my mistake TL.  Looked back over there scores and a lot of those D’s actually did really well.  There stats are a little misleading due to a lot of poor offenses on there schedule ( particular in division) but non the less some of the scores given up overal impressive.

That said I’m a HUGE Tom Brady fan and the Pats had been my team B for 20 years.  I watch almost all there games and am usually just as invested in there playoff games as I am Lions regular season grades.  I just always felt like there defenses were lacking during that period. Maybe some of the games against elite offenses and the Super Bowls have a greater impact on my memory 

I understand it completely. It makes a lot of sense. (And, yeah, they've definitely benefited from playing in one of the worst - if not the worst - divisions in the NFL for a long time.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

When I first heard the news about Slay I was all excited about his being out of the division - until I remembered that we traded Stefon Diggs too, so what have we gained?  :S

Well you guys got a really nice return for Diggs, and I he was a real problem. Why did he whine so much?

32 minutes ago, nagahide13 said:

Well you guys got a really nice return for Diggs, and I he was a real problem. Why did he whine so much?

It was one of those cases where he was upset that the offense wasn't running through him more than it was.  I don't think he wanted to share the glory with Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, and others.  He wants to be the guy everybody talks about every week.  He's a good player, but that kind of thinking can start to become a locker room cancer after a while, so I'm fine that we got rid of him.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

It was one of those cases where he was upset that the offense wasn't running through him more than it was.  I don't think he wanted to share the glory with Dalvin Cook, Adam Thielen, and others.  He wants to be the guy everybody talks about every week.  He's a good player, but that kind of thinking can start to become a locker room cancer after a while, so I'm fine that we got rid of him.

Yep - agreed. All of us wouldn't really complain about the Vikes imploding on and off the field, but it totally makes sense on why they got rid of him. At least you guys got some value for him and it's a very deep WR class. 

• Like 2