Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

Maybe BOB can flip that 2nd he got for Hopkins and use it to acquire Cooks. Never doubt the chin.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

With Cooks, it depends on concussions. He could be one of the steals of the off-season if the Rams sell low on him. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

With Cooks, it depends on concussions. He could be one of the steals of the off-season if the Rams sell low on him. 

Absolutely, but the number of concussions with him, combined with his cap number, is terrifying. One more bad hit and he's Jordan Reed. I'd only take him on if I was basically getting him for free, it's a bigger favor for the Rams just to get out of that cap hold than it is a positive asset being pushed out. 

• Like 1

Good. Gurley has been absolutely awful since his knee problems started. CJ Anderson was putting up the same performances in the 18 post-season iirc.

TBH, I will never understand why RB's get paid insane money like they do when it's apparent that the OL and scheme are the driving force behind RB success.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Absolutely, but the number of concussions with him, combined with his cap number, is terrifying. One more bad hit and he's Jordan Reed. I'd only take him on if I was basically getting him for free, it's a bigger favor for the Rams just to get out of that cap hold than it is a positive asset being pushed out. 

The Rams aren't getting out of anything this year by trading him. And the team acquiring him has no risk whatsoever with his contract. His cap hits are quite reasonable, and they owe him no guaranteed money after this upcoming season.

11 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

BoB is still in charge, so expect Watt + two 2nd round picks...

Watt + Donald would be fun to watch...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lolsurebro said:

Good. Gurley has been absolutely awful since his knee problems started. CJ Anderson was putting up the same performances in the 18 post-season iirc.

TBH, I will never understand why RB's get paid insane money like they do when it's apparent that the OL and scheme are the driving force behind RB success.

He got paid good money because he was one of the driving forces for the scheme's success. We didn't foresee the knee issues, obviously. (And no HB makes "insane money.")

26 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

imagine if they did and got ANOTHER first rounder for him.  me @ET80and the other Texans fans would lose it.

I'm well past lose it. I'm simply humored by The Bill O'Brien Football franchise located in Harris County TX.

• Like 2

Gurley managed the exact same numbers of TDs as Zeke with less touches last season - Zeke had a top 5 line (arguably a top 2 run block line) and Gurley had a bottom 5 line (arguably the worst run block line). It wasn't even Gurley's worst professional season and he came back after the last one and put back-to-back all-pro seasons together. 

If you ask me it would be utterly idiotic for the Rams to trade Gurley, beyond words. If he does go, especially to one with a good OL, then I wouldn't be surprised if he really puts up big numbers again. Teams without an elite back should be looking to take advantage of the absolute ineptitude of the Rams FO. 

Edited by DerbyRam
  • Like 1