Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

Recommended Posts

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Watch the Cardinals trade for Gurley. Then all they'd need is Drew Brees and we'd have the dream team of my high school years.

Edited by HoboRocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

Maybe BOB can flip that 2nd he got for Hopkins and use it to acquire Cooks. Never doubt the chin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

With Cooks, it depends on concussions. He could be one of the steals of the off-season if the Rams sell low on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

teams i can see getting gurley

 

-Broncos

-Falcons

-Skins

-Bucs

 

 

Skins are sticking with Peterson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

With Cooks, it depends on concussions. He could be one of the steals of the off-season if the Rams sell low on him. 

Absolutely, but the number of concussions with him, combined with his cap number, is terrifying. One more bad hit and he's Jordan Reed. I'd only take him on if I was basically getting him for free, it's a bigger favor for the Rams just to get out of that cap hold than it is a positive asset being pushed out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

teams i can see getting gurley

 

-Broncos

-Falcons

-Skins

-Bucs

 

 

The Redskins have Peterson, Guice and Bryce Love.  Why would we trade for Gurley?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good. Gurley has been absolutely awful since his knee problems started. CJ Anderson was putting up the same performances in the 18 post-season iirc.

TBH, I will never understand why RB's get paid insane money like they do when it's apparent that the OL and scheme are the driving force behind RB success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Absolutely, but the number of concussions with him, combined with his cap number, is terrifying. One more bad hit and he's Jordan Reed. I'd only take him on if I was basically getting him for free, it's a bigger favor for the Rams just to get out of that cap hold than it is a positive asset being pushed out. 

The Rams aren't getting out of anything this year by trading him. And the team acquiring him has no risk whatsoever with his contract. His cap hits are quite reasonable, and they owe him no guaranteed money after this upcoming season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Really have to question any organization giving up real assets for Gurley or Cooks at this point. Lotta incompetence out there, though. 

BoB is still in charge, so expect Watt + two 2nd round picks...

Watt + Donald would be fun to watch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lolsurebro said:

Good. Gurley has been absolutely awful since his knee problems started. CJ Anderson was putting up the same performances in the 18 post-season iirc.

TBH, I will never understand why RB's get paid insane money like they do when it's apparent that the OL and scheme are the driving force behind RB success.

He got paid good money because he was one of the driving forces for the scheme's success. We didn't foresee the knee issues, obviously. (And no HB makes "insane money.")

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

imagine if they did and got ANOTHER first rounder for him.  me @ET80and the other Texans fans would lose it.

I'm well past lose it. I'm simply humored by The Bill O'Brien Football franchise located in Harris County TX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

teams i can see getting gurley

 

-Broncos

-Falcons

-Skins

-Bucs

 

 

Lions, Chiefs, Bills added to that list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Gurley managed the exact same numbers of TDs as Zeke with less touches last season - Zeke had a top 5 line (arguably a top 2 run block line) and Gurley had a bottom 5 line (arguably the worst run block line). It wasn't even Gurley's worst professional season and he came back after the last one and put back-to-back all-pro seasons together. 

If you ask me it would be utterly idiotic for the Rams to trade Gurley, beyond words. If he does go, especially to one with a good OL, then I wouldn't be surprised if he really puts up big numbers again. Teams without an elite back should be looking to take advantage of the absolute ineptitude of the Rams FO. 

Edited by DerbyRam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×