Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, pwny said:

I’m not really sure what scouts thought 4 years ago is too relevant to how a player would be viewed here and now.

Let's be honest, Goff isn't treated like the QB he actually is. Goff stunk as a rookie in an awful system that the star HB described as a "middle school offense." Since his rookie year, he's put up impressive production for a young QB, led a very successful offense, and led a successful team. Yet, he's still treated as if he'll bust at any moment. Compare what he did in years 2 through 4 to other young QBs. The list of guys who were/are better isn't extraordinarily long.

I have to wonder how Goff would be regarded had he never played as a rookie. It seems to me that a lot of people made their minds up and have been unwilling to change them since that season. He was one of the youngest QBs to lead his team to the Super Bowl. He was one of the youngest QBs to post back-to-back 100+ Passer Rating seasons. Yet, people act like the kid isn't worth a damn.

Hell, here's the list of QBs to post a 4000+ yard, 30+ TD, 100+ PR season in at least one of their first three years in the NFL:

http://pfref.com/tiny/kq4fW

But we just can't trust that Jared Goff. He's going to bust.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Gurley's injury didn't occur until the second half of the Eagles game, and he still had 22 touches (nobody knew anything was wrong). He was his normal self against the Bears. So yes, it is extreme bad faith to try and lump those games in. He had 13 rushes against NO, 15 rushes against SF, and 12 rushes against KC. I didn't see you adding those games in (his PRs in those games were 117.1, 127.4, and 115.7).

Wasn’t he destroying the eagles? Iirc he was and they had a top D that year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Let's be honest, Goff isn't treated like the QB he actually is. Goff stunk as a rookie in an awful system that the star HB described as a "middle school offense." Since his rookie year, he's put up impressive production for a young QB, led a very successful offense, and led a successful team. Yet, he's still treated as if he'll bust at any moment. Compare what he did in years 2 through 4 to other young QBs. The list of guys who were/are better isn't extraordinarily long.

I have to wonder how Goff would be regarded had he never played as a rookie. It seems to me that a lot of people made their minds up and have been unwilling to change them since that season. He was one of the youngest QBs to lead his team to the Super Bowl. He was one of the youngest QBs to post back-to-back 100+ Passer Rating seasons. Yet, people act like the kid isn't worth a damn.

Hell, here's the list of QBs to post a 4000+ yard, 30+ TD, 100+ PR season in at least one of their first three years in the NFL:

Sounds like any Successful Dallas QB in history. Good luck with that argument 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Haven't found any in my size on eBay or elsewhere to be honest. I'd love to get a Taylor, Stroud, Henderson, or Jimmy jersey.

5 hours ago, pwny said:

If you can point me to where I can get a Fred Taylor jersey, that would be great. 

Yeah.  It hard out here for a Jaguars fan wanting one of the classic jerseys with specific players from back when the Jaguars actually had some great ones.

Or even just decent looking and reasonably priced merchandise with the actually good logo before it got turned into Cheetos cat.

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It hard out here for a Jaguars fan wanting one of the classic jerseys with specific players from back when the Jaguars actually had some great ones.

Or even just decent looking and reasonably priced merchandise with the actually good logo before it got turned into Cheetos cat.

Especially size small. Medium once in a while they come around, but I've noticed most end up being L-XXL.

Sucks because the jerseys early on as well as in the early 2000's were also our best ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Especially size Small. Medium once in a while they come around, but I've noticed most end up being L-XXL.

Yeah.  Feels as though it's always like...practically a Nightgown sizes only, in any of the really desirable stuff.  xD  My fault for being a medium, average-sized person i guess.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Feels as though it's always like...practically a Nightgown sizes only, in any of the really desirable stuff.  xD  My fault for being a medium, average-sized person i guess.

It's odd how that works...

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We designated him a Post-June 1 cut, so we get $5.5 million in cap room after June 1st (but we only save $4.8 million next year).

Thanks.  I guess that's probably a reasonable thing to do, just moving on.  At least it's savings...on a RB they seemed to have questionable faith in, health-wise.  For some reason, i'd thought his deal was structured as much harder to get out of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Nothing but elite QBs there. 

• Like 1