Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because your name is Bill O'Brien and making stupid trades is literally what you do?

Things to consider about trading for Gurley...

1. He had 14 TD's in the worst year of his career.

2. PFF Ranked Rams O-Line has 31st last year.

3. Rams will be on the hook for most of his 2020 salary. Low Risk.

4. He is very good at pass protection still.

Is he going to put up OPOY numbers? No. Does he have issues with his repaired knee? Yes, but being overblown. He is still a 1100 yard 10+TD RB under 26 with ability to pass protect and catch passes. Teams in a SuperBowl window are interested for those reasons. 

3 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

the lions should give up the 5th rd pick they got from the eagles for Gurley, i wouldn't mind a move like that.

I would very, very, very, very, very much mind that. 

They might settle for a 4th with how serious they are about moving him, but anything less than a 3rd and I'll be heated. 

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I would very, very, very, very, very much mind that. 

They might settle for a 4th with how serious they are about moving him, but anything less than a 3rd and I'll be heated. 

Thing is, other teams hold all the leverage here. Rams need to move him today. If the best offer they get is a 5th and nobody budges, they will have to take it or keep him.

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because your name is Bill O'Brien and making stupid trades is literally what you do?

To be honest, BoB doesn't have any more generational talents to trade away (Watson, but QB isn't a need for the Rams and Watson may not have multiple baby mommas). He doesn't have picks to give away either, unless we're post dating draft picks.

So I think he's out of the running, unless he's willing to trade away the naming rights to NRG stadium...

"And we go to you live, at Los Angeles Rams stadium, home of the Bill O'Brien Football franchise located in Harris County TX..."

• Like 2

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

Thing is, other teams hold all the leverage here. Rams need to move him today. If the best offer they get is a 5th and nobody budges, they will have to take it or keep him.

That's correct, but there are a lot of teams inquiring. No single one holds leverage if there's a bidding war. 

3 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

That's not really other teams holding all the leverage. If the Rams were up against the cap and had to trade Gurley, other teams would hold all the leverage. The Rams can choose to walk away and keep Gurley. Basically, we just have a hard deadline on making a deal. That's not ideal, but that doesn't strip the Rams of all their leverage. Sometimes, a deadline can prove to be helpful.

Edited by jrry32

Just now, minutemancl said:

Absolutely. For the Rams sake, I hope there is a bidding war. Could drive up that price real fast.

Call me a pessimist, but I don't think there's a bidding war or the price being driven up. I would love to be wrong, though.