Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Blindsided is the wrong word.  Overwhelmed?  Absolutely.  Because, whether you think it's invited or not, there's been A LOT of unsolicited/unprovoked shade thrown our way.  Like "How dare we have some success after miring in mediocrity for more than a decade?"  I get that people get irritated that because the Rams are in the 2nd largest media market in the country now that the media goes hyperbolic with the hype - we can't control that as fans.

Yes, some people may be reveling in this because they've chosen to associate some hyperbolic statements by a few fans as being wholesale indictment of the entire fanbase on the site.  If you can't see the ridiculousness in doing that, I don't know what to tell you.  It would be like all Seahawks fans being treated as though they all were as arrogant (and even part of that, IMO, is feigned for effect) as animal_tested.  Or assumed that because AFlaccoSeagulls rooted for two teams that all Ravens (and Hawks) fans do.

My point is, you want to pass out blame, be prepared to take yours where it's due as well.  "The Rams have no relevance in your life," yet you felt the need to come to our sub to lecture us on why we deserved this.  Sure sounds like we have no bearing, whatsoever...

Yeah idk man, if you think that's where we are and that's my intent here there's obviously just a disconnect at this point lol probably best to just hang it up on my end...good luck next year Cooper Kupp is a beast

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

Jokes on you, all of the STDs are making him immune to the coronavirus

Why do you think we really got rid of Gurley?  (Stupid Kevin Durant!  At least he Trojan Horse'd Hopkins on his way to the Cards while he was at it.)

I don't get the people hyping Gurley or thinking he's much more than a more or less washed up RB who isn't likely to shine much even in the best of situations. I sure as hell wouldn't pay him much and wouldn't count on him even in a 1a/1b situation. Nothing against the guy just IMO 

Just now, tyler735 said:

Hope he signs a fairly cheap deal with the Cardinals and has a CPOY type season. Could be a fun offense to watch next year with Kyler and Hopkins.

Cards or Bucs would make a lot of sense.  I wouldn’t mind seeing him in Seattle either.

Seems the 3 teams that have the best chance at Gurley right now are  the Falcons, Bucs, and Dolphins.  Falcons and Dolphins had interest in trading for him over the last 2 weeks but couldn't get a deal done bc of the amount owed to him.  Dolphins have a ton of cap space and could throw something at him for sure although they just signed a RB. Plus they have no state taxes.   Falcons don't have as much cap space as the Dolphins but do have a big need at RB and he has said he would prefer to go home if their can be a deal gotten done.   As i said i wouldn't mind him here if it's no more than 5 mil or so a year with incentives that can reach 10+ a year or so with pro bowl appearances and 1k+ yards and 10+ TD's a season.  Sorta bet on himself type of thing that can pay him really solid RB money but won't hurt us much at all if he can't reach them and make him easy to cut. 

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Running backs die quickly in the NFL

It's why you never give a RB a big contract.

I'm still eternally grateful that Gordon was stupid enough to turn down the $10 mil/year that we supposedly offered him. Would've been horrible deal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bolts223 said:

It's why you never give a RB a big contract.

I'm still eternally grateful that Gordon was stupid enough to turn down the $10 mil/year that we supposedly offered him. Would've been horrible deal.

Hold on tight because the Vikings might be working on giving Dalvin Cook an extension like that.

1 minute ago, TENINCH said:

Hold on tight because the Vikings might be working on giving Dalvin Cook an extension like that.

They shouldn't.

Let him play out this year, tag him in 2021 and either tag him again in 2022 or let him walk.

He's going to be really good for 2-3 more years and then he's likely to fall off.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bolts223 said:

They shouldn't.

Let him play out this year, tag him in 2021 and either tag him again in 2022 or let him walk.

He's going to be really good for 2-3 more years and then he's likely to fall off.

Vikes already spent a third on his potential replacement.