Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

That’s true but you know what. I rather our GM lock you core players. So sit here and use hindsight is silly. Would the Vikings have been stupid to let prime AP walk!? Yes. These are generational talents. Gurley made our offense go. He simplified Goffs and Mcvays job. The sweeps and motions! defenses were scared. 

It didn’t work out. But hey can’t fault him for trying. They were trying to lock up the core long term before the new cba. Look at the the cowboys? Fighting tooth and nail with Dak. Zeke had to hold out! Probably effected their outcome and long term relationships with the FO. 

I hope he locks up Jalen and Kupp this year. Would feel good tbh. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

That’s true but you know what. I rather our GM lock you core players. So sit here and use hindsight is silly. Would the Vikings have been stupid to let prime AP walk!? Yes. These are generational talents. Gurley made our offense go. He simplified Goffs and Mcvays job. The sweeps and motions! defenses were scared. 

It didn’t work out. But hey can’t fault him for trying. They were trying to lock up the core long term before the new cba. Look at the the cowboys? Fighting tooth and nail with Dak. Zeke had to hold out! Probably effected their outcome and long term relationships with the FO. 

I hope he locks up Jalen and Kupp this year. Would feel good tbh. 

But why after 3 years and reset the market?

8 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

I am legit never buying a jersey again. I have basically ended 5 tenures between my favorite NBA and NFL team. I'm done.

Setting that aside - Gurley was not good last year, and from a production standpoint, I won't miss him. I also won't miss the incessant questions from the media about his health. IMO we'll still be competing for the NFC West.

You will just have to start buying the jerseys of your rival teams' players. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Hold up Gurley's only 25? Youngest old man knees ever man. 

Similar to Greg Oden of NBA Portland Trailblazers fame.  He was drafted #1 overall (I think it was the year Kevin Durant was drafted) and missed 2 or 3 full seasons if I remember correctly before finally retiring after about 4-5 years in the league.  A bust of almost Jamarcus Russell proportions, although it's tough to blame a guy who busts for health reasons.

41 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

You will just have to start buying the jerseys of your rival teams' players. 

Buyng jerseys is a ridiculous jinx. Here is my history:

Ware - injured and cut

Romo - injured and cut

Sean Lee - incapable of playing a full season.

Witten - to slow to get injured

I think my case is solid

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

One of the most overrated players of all time and wasn't even half as good as the GOAT two way player David Johnson.

Even in his prime he was only an average player with a GOAT OL. Now he has becoming nothing with his degenerative knees.

...wut?

46 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

...wut?

He was the DK Metcalf of RBs.

The GOAT at being big and running fast in a straight line behind the GOAT OL.

He was a good track athlete but not a freak of nature like David Johnson who could beat defenders 1v3 with a jump cut.

LOKro8V.gif

Edited by LowMotorGuy

11 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

He was a good track athlete but not a freak of nature like David Johnson who could beat defenders 1v3 with a jump cut.

LOKro8V.gif

Lol errr okay

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LowMotorGuy said:

LOKro8V.gif

We’ve found B.o.b’s burner acct...

• Like 5