Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, pwny said:

It’s been out of stock since 1 hour after they launched the Jaguars classics line, like two years ago. I was waiting for it to drop while at work, got called into a meeting and they were sold out by the time I got out of the meeting. Never got a restock.

They might be available on eBay now, but having been looking before, most were knockoffs being sold at the real Michell & Ness jersey price. 

It’s crazy to me. Usually you find big success finding a throwback jersey on that site. Other than EBay is going to a local sports memorabilia store. But even those could be fake. Honestly shady city everywhere. Wow genuinely surprised the Jags jersey sold out. Didn’t know they had that many fans lol. Although, it’s probably fashion people. Those jerseys look good on anything. 

I think Gurley can still be pretty good behind a strong offensive line. The only question now is if the resources Atlanta has put into that line will come to fruition. Because I think that's what killed them last year after they got nothing in return from investing everything into that unit. 

18 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

It’s crazy to me. Usually you find big success finding a throwback jersey on that site. Other than EBay is going to a local sports memorabilia store. But even those could be fake. Honestly shady city everywhere. Wow genuinely surprised the Jags jersey sold out. Didn’t know they had that many fans lol. Although, it’s probably fashion people. Those jerseys look good on anything. 

No one was producing anything in the original style jerseys for the Jags until that launch about two years ago. Then M&N finally released the jerseys, and did Boselli, Taylor, MJD, Brunell and McCardell. They left off Jimmy Smith for some reason too. As best I can tell, they never restocked any size for any of the jerseys that sold out.

M&N did start producing some shirseys of some of the older legends players in a few styles that they sell on Fanatics, and that’s better than nothing. But I really just want a Fred Taylor jersey without the black piping on the side. Ideally, it would say Taylor on the back and not F. Taylor, but I’m not going to be that picky at this point. 

25 minutes ago, ET80 said:

DeAndre Hopkins was there, too.

Sadly for you ET, even if he failed his physical for corona virus, I can’t imagine the Cards would void the trade. 

Edited by pwny
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pwny said:

Sadly for you ET, even if he failed for physical for corona virus, I can’t imagine the Cards would void the trade. 

Brother could have HIV and Ebola and cards would still welcome him in with open arms. Talk about a highway Robbery 

6 minutes ago, pwny said:

Sadly for you ET, even if he failed his physical for corona virus, I can’t imagine the Cards would void the trade. 

I'm hoping that David Johnson fails it for... well, take your pick of ailments from DJ. Broken wrist, torn knee, concussions, hysterical pregnancy...

I want Hopkins away from The Bill O'Brien Football franchise located in Harris County TX. Arizona is a place where he can do good things. And I'm sure DJ is a nice guy who will give it his all, but he's going to be the most hated player on the team, and that's not his fault. So, let him avoid this.

Just turn DJ into a 1st, so we can watch and laugh as Bill O'Brien trades that pick for a bag of magic beans...

11 hours ago, LowMotorGuy said:

One of the most overrated players of all time and wasn't even half as good as the GOAT two way player David Johnson.

Even in his prime he was only an average player with a GOAT OL. Now he has becoming nothing with his degenerative knees.

You realize we have rules against trolling right?  You really think a time like this when most people are locking down and sequestering at home is a time you want to tempt fate at getting a ban from posting on this site, because that's been @Webmaster's standard response to trolling.

Cut it out.  Any further trolling will result in a hard warning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Why don’t fans just buy jerseys of team legends instead of active players who could be cut, traded, or retire at any time or turn in to busts? Like in JAX case why not just go with Taylor, Smith, Boselli, Brunell, etc?

Haven't found any in my size on eBay or elsewhere to be honest. I'd love to get a Taylor, Stroud, Henderson, or Jimmy jersey.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Lol. David Johnson has one good season in his entire career.

David Johnson has been massively overrated by fantasy football. 

He’s not good between the tackles, and as a receiving threat he has an odd body shape that doesn’t have much agility. He’s great at ping ponging off defenders, but he’s also made of paper. 

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My apologies. I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that silly take.

Yikes. This forum is extra sensitive these days. Are we now filing every critique of the Rams under "silly takes"? 

The loss of Gurley on the field shouldn't prove to be a major obstacle in this team progressing. The loss of a guy like Gurley and that type of intangible effect on the locker room shouldn't go ignored. We've seen a brief glimpse into the reaction of Aaron Donald. It's within these types of difficult (but justified) business decisions that can create friction behind the scenes. 

Will it? I don't own or know how to operate a crystal ball. But I think it's very fair for outsiders to expect regression from this team and have serious questions about how a prominent figure like Goff rises to the occasion. This has been an offense under McVay that has relied on a powerful running game to open up passing lanes. It's fair to reason they won't have that threat with Malcolm Brown and Darrell Henderson. 

• Like 4