Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Hindsight’s 20/20 obviously, but did Rams fans like that contract they gave him at the time? Wasn’t there question marks about his knee before they offered it?

No, most thought it was a bad move at the time

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Hindsight’s 20/20 obviously, but did Rams fans like that contract they gave him at the time? Wasn’t there question marks about his knee before they offered it?

Most all of us wanted to extend him. But giving anybody "the richest contract" for their position is a risky proposition. Couple that with the injury in college and the position it's a risk. But if we didn't sign him he stays healthy and goes elsewhere and continues to be great we're idiots and if we signed him like we did we're idiots. We kept a guy who did great things for us and this is the result. I personally would have kept him this year instead of cut him with a June 1 designation but that's just me. 

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

LOL. iT's bETtER tO NoT mAKe THe SuPEr bOWl tHAn tO mAkE iT ANd lOSe. xD

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! This board is such a shell of its former shelf.

What an impressive display of intelligence and maturity. Thanks for your great contribution to this thread and site. esp those insights about Gurley. Dude! Spot on.

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

No. No, you wouldn't.

Pretty sure I have a better idea of what I like than you 

Anyway, back to Gurley...

14 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

What Im curious to see with the Falcons is how they manage Gurley. 

Me too. I think they know he is damaged goods and will try not to overload him, but they also didn't sign him to sit around. I think they will have him in most of the time but he will rarely if ever get "bell cow" use and they will continue to rely on the pass heavily, hopefully striking a balance that way and hoping he holds together and can do the job when called on.

Edited by bomont

45 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Came into this thread looking for updates on the Gurley situation, but instead was bombarded with posts about a mediocre QB...

Anyone know if any details have emerged about his knee or other reasons why Gurley was cut?

There should be a rule that says a fan cant call a player mediocre when that player has owned your team in recent memory. Goff is (3-1) in his last 4 meetings against the Saints. Twice he was blowing out the Saints in LA and then he came into the Superdome and led a 4th quarter/OT comeback to send the Rams to the SB. Im just saying lol. 

2 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

There should be a rule that says a fan cant call a player mediocre when that player has owned your team in recent memory. Goff is (3-1) in his last 4 meetings against the Saints. Twice he was blowing out the Saints in LA and then he came into the Superdome and led a 4th quarter/OT comeback to send the Rams to the SB. Im just saying lol. 

There should be a rule that fans of non-playoff teams shouldn't be allowed to speak with fans of playoff teams unless given permission. We could call it the peasant rule lol.

Anyway...back on track here any updates about Gurley's knee/locker room tensions leading to his release?

Edited by tyler735

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

There should be a rule that fans of non-playoff teams shouldn't be allowed to speak with fans of playoff teams unless given permission. We could call it the peasant rule lol.

We are both breaking rules then lol. Although Id much rather barely miss the playoffs being in the toughest division than win an easy division and lose to Kirk Cousin at home. Like thats nothing to brag about. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

We are both breaking rules then lol. Although Id much rather barely miss the playoffs being in the toughest division than win an easy division and lose to Kirk Cousin at home. Like thats nothing to brag about. 

Kirk Cousins is like 1-69 against winning teams and that win came against them lol. In the dome where they had never lost in playoff history with Brees and Sean. Goff broke them. 

• Like 2

Just now, stl4life07 said:

Yeah I suppose some people are content with a middle of the pack team missing the playoffs..to each there own, but as mentioned in my previous responses any Gurley updates?

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Anyway...back on track here any updates about Gurley's knee/locker room tensions leading to his release?

Some reports on tension. Some that the team was concerned about the knee. Likeliest reason is the team knew he was a different player in 2019 and didn't see an avenue for him to get back to 2017 form. Instead of rolling out a load management program that didn't work in 2019 they decided to just rip the band-aid off. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Well I heard that Gurley wasnt happy with how things was going in terms of how he was being used. He felt like he was good to go and wasnt used like it. You can even tell by his press conferences last season that he wasnt happy the way he was being used. I dont blame him personally but at the same time I dont blame the Rams for being cautious with him since they did invest alot of money in him and seeing how he wasnt good at the end of the 2018 season they didnt want a repeat of that in 2019. The only issue I had was that Steelers game where Gurley was getting hot in the 3rd Quarter which led to some success for the Rams offense and then only down by 2pts the Rams didnt even give Gurley a single touch in the 4th Quarter. Like that shouldve never happened. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah I suppose some people are content with a middle of the pack team missing the playoffs..to each there own, but as mentioned in my previous responses any Gurley updates?

Not content but the pain I know is much more greater to be 13-3 and lose at home to Kirk Cousins than to miss the playoffs by 1 game knowing that everything bad that could go wrong did go wrong from the OL being depleted, to the secondary changing mid season, to Cooks, Woods, Everett, and Higbee being in and out of the lineup to even Zeurlein missing a game-winning FG that in his career he normally makes 97% of the time. The Rams even had two 3rd and 16 downs completed on the same drive that led to them losing on a game-winning FG. All of that happened on top of being in the toughest the division. I could live with that knowing that if one of those things didnt happen the Rams would more than likely get in. Unlike the Saints who literally had the NFC South handed to them from the start and had Cousins which Im not saying it was layup but as I told my friend the Saints had to win that game no excuses and they didnt. 

Edited by stl4life07