Rams release RB Todd Gurley (Page 7)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Came into this thread looking for updates on the Gurley situation, but instead was bombarded with posts about a mediocre QB...

Anyone know if any details have emerged about his knee or other reasons why Gurley was cut?

Who’s been talking about Drew Brees? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Most all of us wanted to extend him. But giving anybody "the richest contract" for their position is a risky proposition. Couple that with the injury in college and the position it's a risk. But if we didn't sign him he stays healthy and goes elsewhere and continues to be great we're idiots and if we signed him like we did we're idiots. We kept a guy who did great things for us and this is the result. I personally would have kept him this year instead of cut him with a June 1 designation but that's just me. 

Was that ever an option? Let him play out his rookie contract and then franchise him if it come to it.

Man some of these Rams fans just can't handle that their QB is viewed by many as mediocre at this point in his career. Mediocre is not a bad thing, it just is what it is, but I'd gladly create a comparison thread between Goff and Brees if there is any doubts there about who the better QB is. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Hindsight’s 20/20 obviously, but did Rams fans like that contract they gave him at the time? Wasn’t there question marks about his knee before they offered it?

It was bad at the time but they’re not alone...  Cards, Jets, Falcons, (Cowboys soon) were all in the same boat.  Only Pittsburg really played their situation correctly despite it getting ugly. 

39 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

It was bad at the time but they’re not alone...  Cards, Jets, Falcons, (Cowboys soon) were all in the same boat.  Only Pittsburg really played their situation correctly despite it getting ugly. 

Ehhh the Pitt things just unraveled nasty af. With Big Ben, Bell and AB. All connected in some way lolz 

2 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Man some of these Rams fans just can't handle that their QB is viewed by many as mediocre at this point in his career. Mediocre is not a bad thing, it just is what it is, but I'd gladly create a comparison thread between Goff and Brees if there is any doubts there about who the better QB is. 

Meh I'll bite out of boredom. 

If we take their first four years(all that Goff has played so far), Goff is vastly better. 

Edited by Riftty

14 minutes ago, Riftty said:

Meh I'll bite out of boredom. 

If we take their first four years(all that Goff has played so far), Goff is vastly better. 

Alright I'll get the thread created and we can surely take this discussion into NFL Comparisons to avoid this thread of Gurley getting released from the rams derailed any further.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:13 AM, dtait93 said:

Why don’t fans just buy jerseys of team legends instead of active players who could be cut, traded, or retire at any time or turn in to busts? Like in JAX case why not just go with Taylor, Smith, Boselli, Brunell, etc?

Good point.  I don't own any jerseys, but if I did buy any, I would get a purple Randy Moss jersey.  The real holy grail for me would be an old school Keith Millard jersey.  Those are out there, but I haven't been able to find any in my size.  :(  It would be great if the NFL would offer any jersey from any era.  I'd be willing to pay a decent amount for what I want and you would think there must be a lot of other people who would also do the same.

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So does this mean Gurely could make more Money in 2020 if He Failed his physical? Would he intentionally? Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Rams end up on the Hook for that salary!

Edited by Nabbs4u

5 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So does this mean Gurely could make more Money in 2020 if He Failed his physical? Would he intentionally? Wouldn't that be hilarious if the Rams end up on the Hook for that salary!

Gurley failing his Falcons physical wouldn't necessarily mean the Rams are on the hook for anything. The Falcons could pass on him for a chronic issue that wouldn't have caused him to fail his Rams physical (considering the fact that he played all but one game in 2019, including receiving 20 carries in the final game of the year).

EDIT: Plus, my recollection is that Gurley was in coronavirus quarantine, so I'm not sure if he has even done a physical yet.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

EDIT: Plus, my recollection is that Gurley was in coronavirus quarantine, so I'm not sure if he has even done a physical yet.

Not to mention that the media usually gets it info from being able to go inside the clubs or meet up with affiliates in other places in person to get info and they haven't been able to do that. So I imagine this has limited their resources as well.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, kramxel said:

Holly hell!

But great contract, guys!

Is he done or can he still play?

He can play, but nowhere near the level he used to. Great goal line back with a nose for the endzone. Can still catch passes, pass block, and crank out a few yards. But big splash plays, taking runs to the house are done. With a great O-Line (which Rams had 31st last year), he would likely finish with 1100 yards rushing, 400 receiving, 8-12 TDS.

Average RB. Not what we would of been paying him to be. Now we're paying him to get away from us and open cap space in future years so we can extend Ramsey and Kupp.

Sucks. Needed to be done. 

• Like 1