2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

That chart I put together shows a trend of teams Douglas has been associated with drafting QBs in round 6. Drafted Thorson in the 5th round last year. I would think it makes sense to add a player talented enough to be drafted, considering how poorly things turned out last year/having two 6th round picks. 

Just a comment from Daniel Jeremiah regarding the Jets not passing up a quality OL for a WR. Something also interesting is that Jeremiah and Brooks mocked 7 OT in the first round including Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, and Austin Jackson.

• Like 2

Problem with Becton is while he may have the highest ceiling and the best highlight blocks, he is still currently the worst on the field and rawest if the top tackles in this draft.  Of all the top tackles he had 73 true pass blocking sets this year (so basically excluding screens, bubble screens, qb draws etc) and allowed more sacks and pressures in those 73 than Wills and Thomas did in 160+

On my personal rankings I have

Wirfs 1

Wills 2

Thomas 3

Jones 4

Becton 5

16 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Problem with Becton is while he may have the highest ceiling and the best highlight blocks, he is still currently the worst on the field and rawest if the top tackles in this draft.  Of all the top tackles he had 73 true pass blocking sets this year (so basically excluding screens, bubble screens, qb draws etc) and allowed more sacks and pressures in those 73 than Wills and Thomas did in 160+

On my personal rankings I have

Wirfs 1

Wills 2

Thomas 3

Jones 4

Becton 5

I know you like Jones but you put Becton below him. That prompts the question about the difference between Jones and Becton.  Did Jones allow fewer pressures than Becton in pro style?

11 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

I know you like Jones but you put Becton below him. That prompts the question about the difference between Jones and Becton.  Did Jones allow fewer pressures than Becton in pro style?

Yes in true sets Jones allowed 1 in his 100+ true sets (Becton had 8 in his 73) and allowed a total of four pressures allowed in his 325 total for the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

What do you have against Becton?

Becton looks like to me the classic work out warrior. I think he will be good but not a pro bowler. He has the dancing bear but his technique is off. He is a little too tall out of his stance and tends to get beat by good players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:
Just a comment from Daniel Jeremiah regarding the Jets not passing up a quality OL for a WR. Something also interesting is that Jeremiah and Brooks mocked 7 OT in the first round including Josh Jones, Ezra Cleveland, and Austin Jackson.

This is also noteworthy. Schefter never tweets anything for no good reason, and he knows a lot more than he lets on. Maybe I'm looking too far into it, but what's the purpose of adding the final line unless you know something?

My only fear is that with it being so obvious and it being an apparent need for the Browns as well, a team like Miami (No.18) could look to jump both of us by dealing with Jacksonville.

Edited by jetskid007

Two scenarios that I could see playing out on draft day: 

• Jets trade up to #9. Jacksonville has been aggressive in acquiring additional picks, and they have needs all over the place. They are in a rebuild and seem to be embracing the tank, so they will appreciate future picks more so than some other teams. Could see a scenario where the Jets send two 4th round picks to jump ahead of Cleveland. 
  • Eagles trade up to #10. I think this could happen whether or not the Jets move up to #9. Eagles will be in the market for a receiver in the draft and they've never been shy to trade up. That 11-15 range is the hotspot for the top 3 receivers, so jumping ahead makes sense. 

4 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Two scenarios that I could see playing out on draft day: 

• Jets trade up to #9. Jacksonville has been aggressive in acquiring additional picks, and they have needs all over the place. They are in a rebuild and seem to be embracing the tank, so they will appreciate future picks more so than some other teams. Could see a scenario where the Jets send two 4th round picks to jump ahead of Cleveland. 
  • Eagles trade up to #10. I think this could happen whether or not the Jets move up to #9. Eagles will be in the market for a receiver in the draft and they've never been shy to trade up. That 11-15 range is the hotspot for the top 3 receivers, so jumping ahead makes sense. 

I really hope we don’t trade up. I’d rather trade back if anything. That being said if JD believes the talent between the top 4 OT is bigger than in the main stream media and he wants one in particular then I can’t hate on him moving up for him