2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'd pass out if we had the option to select Thomas, Lamb, or Jeudy. I think Thomas is still my #1, but I wouldn't be mad with any of them as long as we use our next pick correctly. 

Thomas is a sure thing IMO. He will be good. Not sure he’ll be great. But he’s a safe bet. I still have Wills and Wirfs ahead of him though

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Thomas is a sure thing IMO. He will be good. Not sure he’ll be great. But he’s a safe bet. I still have Wills and Wirfs ahead of him though

I'm not sure if I would put Wirfs with him but I do like Wills as well. I know some people have wirfs rated higher, but I don't see it on tape. I'm not against picking any of the 4 OT's. They all have a shot to be great. 

I don't have my hopes up for a good season coming up, but I do see a chance to build a good oline against a division that doesn't have a real pass rusher at the moment. 

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Yeah.. hard to know.   McGovern is only that is guaranteed to start for at least first 2 seasons.  If everything goes well, same OL continues to next season. If not, we continue whining about OL next offseason.

We’re Jets fans. We will find something to whine about. I personally don’t think OL should be ignored, get a WR in round 1 and then double up on OL in round 2/3 or 3/3. 

For example, Go Peart in round 2 (starting to think he doesn’t last to the 3rd). Then grab Bartch in the 3rd. It would be a total bomb if one of those guys and Edoga cannot take the RT spot. Both Bartch and Peart can likely play guard as well. So the loser becomes Alex Lewis’ competition. 

We likely won’t have an all pro on OL but we’d be 8 deep and solid across the board. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not sure if I would put Wirfs with him but I do like Wills as well. I know some people have wirfs rated higher, but I don't see it on tape. I'm not against picking any of the 4 OT's. They all have a shot to be great. 

I don't have my hopes up for a good season coming up, but I do see a chance to build a good oline against a division that doesn't have a real pass rusher at the moment. 

I think as far as sure things go you’re right it’s Wills and Thomas. But I think Wirfs has enough there to keep him above Thomas. I think a lot of his issues can be fixed with coaching. Not a skill issue.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think as far as sure things go you’re right it’s Wills and Thomas. But I think Wirfs has enough there to keep him above Thomas. I think a lot of his issues can be fixed with coaching. Not a skill issue.

I agree with his issues being able to be fixed, but I was able to watch every game Thomas played in the last 2 years and he matched up against every top pass rusher including people like Josh Allen and won. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I agree with his issues being able to be fixed, but I was able to watch every game Thomas played in the last 2 years and he matched up against every top pass rusher including people like Josh Allen and won. 

I’d be very happy if we drafted Thomas... so no disagreement here

54 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s about separation. Jeudy has speed but he does it with crisp route running. Ruggs does it with speed but is also a good route runner. With Lamb you get a bit everything. He might be the best if the group with the ball in his hands making guys miss and breaking tackles. I’m happy with any of the 3.

I agree with being happy with either of them, I just wanted to make the point that Jeudy is also a home-run hitter. He's my #1 WR in this draft because he's the most well rounded of the bunch. He has speed, he's technical, and he has size. Out of the three, I also trust him the most to get consistently open for Darnold.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I agree with being happy with either of them, I just wanted to make the point that Jeudy is also a home-run hitter. He's my #1 WR in this draft because he's the most well rounded of the bunch. He has speed, he's technical, and he has size. Out of the three, I also trust him the most to get consistently open for Darnold.

He’s my #1. He doesn’t play as big as Lamb though for me.

Just now, JetsandI said:

Well, JD had chance to rebuild OL with better FA signings.

He really didn't though. He supposedly had a big offer lined up for thuney, which reports say he was going to take but he got tagged at the last minute. JD also had a strong offer on the table for Glasgow but he just did not want to play on the east coast and the same was being reported about Conklin. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mattmanz91 said:

He really didn't though. He supposedly had a big offer lined up for thuney, which reports say he was going to take but he got tagged at the last minute. JD also had a strong offer on the table for Glasgow but he just did not want to play on the east coast and the same was being reported about Conklin. 

Excluded top FA.   McGovern is only FA with guarantee to start for 2 years basing on contracts JD gave for OL help.  Fant and others' contract is good for one year.   What is that?  Plan to rebuild the OL via draft or what?  I don't know.

If JD made strong commitment to OL by signing a several players (not top ones, mind you) for at least 2 years. That would become clear Jets go with WR direction for draft.