2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

While people think WR isn't a big need.

The real possibility is that most of these top tackles will be off the board before #11 and we have a chance at our pick of all the top WRs. 

More likely than not a WR at our pick will be the better player than the OT. 

IMO grabbing a instant stud WR would be a big help to this offense and Darnold. 

While I'd take a OT, as I do mock drafts I see more scenarios where all the top tackles are off the board. And I am not taking a 2nd tier OT over a 1st tier WR.  

• Like 3

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 11: CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 16: Austin Jackson, OT, USC (A)
Round 3 Pick 8 (ARI): Darrell Taylor, DE/OLB, Tennessee (A)
Round 3 Pick 25 (MINN): Alex Taylor, OT, SC State (A)
Round 4 Pick 14: Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri (A+)
Round 4 Pick 21 (PHI): Amik Robertson, CB, Louisiana Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 25 (ARI): Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty (A+)
Round 4 Pick 39 (PHI): Lynn Bowden Jr., WR, Kentucky (A+)
Round 4 Pick 40 (PHI): Alex Highsmith, DE/DT, Charlotte (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: A.J. Green, CB, Oklahoma St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 26 (MINN): Braden Mann, P, Texas A&M (A+)
Round 6 Pick 31 (S.F.): Darrynton Evans, RB, App. St. (A+)
Round 6 Pick 32: James Morgan, QB, FIU (A+)

Had a bit fun with this mock lol. Lots of trade downs adding more picks and playing with things. 

3 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

While people think WR isn't a big need.

The real possibility is that most of these top tackles will be off the board before #11 and we have a chance at our pick of all the top WRs. 

More likely than not a WR at our pick will be the better player than the OT. 

IMO grabbing a instant stud WR would be a big help to this offense and Darnold. 

While I'd take a OT, as I do mock drafts I see more scenarios where all the top tackles are off the board. And I am not taking a 2nd tier OT over a 1st tier WR.  

Darnold stats with a clean pocket should be more telling about what position will have the biggest impact for him.

Secondly just look at Cle last year.  They lost their best lineman and added a top 5 WR and Baker regressed.

Finally there are 5 elite tackles in the draft the top 4 and Jones.  No way they are all gone by 11 and more than likely at least 2 are there.

I have a man crush on Ruggs but I'm going OT. 

I like Edwards a ton and he's not getting the hype because of a lack of a combine but he is basically very similar to Mims who is getting round 1 hype.  With a guy like that guaranteed to be on the board in round 2 along with tons others WRs we can get 2 impact players

I'd go Jones round 1, Aiyuk or Edwards round 2, take a CB round 3 for depth, grab Gandy-Golden with our round 3, grab OG depth in round 4, and sign Clowney to a 1 year deal.

If we did that we could make a run at the division for sure.

11 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Have you guys seen Chris Simms WR rankings?  Here left Jeudy out of his top 5, has Hamler and Higgins in the top 5 over him.   Nepotism is super. 

seems like he's turning into a "hot take" guy.  this is what sells now-a-days,  Dan Orlovsky on ESPN is the same way.  unsuccessful QBs that throw out nonsense to get a debate going.

17 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Think we take OT at 11 then move up to either late 1st or early 2nd for a WR. Mims, Aiyuk or DPJ seem like the type the would fit.

My rankings for guys to take if we move up is Mims,  Reagor, Aiyuk, DPJ.... Jefferson wood be first buy I think he'll be gone earlier than we can move up.