2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

Per nfldraftscout... we are still more than likely going OT at 11 but we are VERY high on CeeDee Lamb according to him and he said we have him ranked 1st on our board at WR and wouldn’t be shocked at all if we chose him over an OT.

Take that for what it’s worth... bc he’s not exactly a reliable source.

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I was a Harry fan last draft. So I can’t say anything poor about him. But I think the lack of production is the question mark with Aiyuk

I wasnt a Harry fan but I think Aiyuk is a much better athlete. 

Harry was also the #1 target untill last year. Hence the production leap for Aiyuk. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Per nfldraftscout... we are still more than likely going OT at 11 but we are VERY high on CeeDee Lamb according to him and he said we have him ranked 1st on our board at WR and wouldn’t be shocked at all if we chose him over an OT.

Idk I been having a sneaky feeling that Lamb is going to be  Jet. 

Lamb is a fantastic WR, I have him and Jeudy close. I see both as #1 wrs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Can you elaborate on this opinion? Personally I think he's a very good prospect and would most likely be a first rounder in any other draft.

I think hes solid,  but I dont see a dominant wr like some think.

I dont see a difference with him and other tier 2 wrs.

Reason I'd take Pittman over him is I like size in WR, I see Pittman consistently making contested grabs and bailed out his QB on bad throws.

23 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Idk I been having a sneaky feeling that Lamb is going to be  Jet. 

Lamb is a fantastic WR, I have him and Jeudy close. I see both as #1 wrs

I’ve watched a lot of Lamb and really like him. Honestly it’s splitting hairs on who you like more between Lamb, Jeudy and Ruggs. I think they’re all can’t miss guys talent wise. Think Watkins, Evans, OBJ that draft year where either way you’re getting a star (Watkins health has held him back). They actually all fit a Gase offense being they get separation and are all good YAC guys.

Matt Miller of Bleacher Rep͏o͏r͏t reported the same news about Lamb being our #1 rated WR. 

Lots of receiver chatter lately, maybe trying to get someone to jump ahead of us to pick a receiver? Any receiver picked before 11 would almost guarantee one of the OTs fall to us.

Another guess, I’m down near Philly and they love Lamb for the Eagles.  Another option is talking up Lamb to get the Eagles to trade up with us  

Personally, I would love to draft Lamb but my gut says we go O line. 

39 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Matt Miller of Bleacher Rep͏o͏r͏t reported the same news about Lamb being our #1 rated WR. 

Lots of receiver chatter lately, maybe trying to get someone to jump ahead of us to pick a receiver? Any receiver picked before 11 would almost guarantee one of the OTs fall to us.

Another guess, I’m down near Philly and they love Lamb for the Eagles.  Another option is talking up Lamb to get the Eagles to trade up with us  

I agree. If I had to wager my mortgage on who we’d take it would be an OT (and that was what I wanted nearly all offseason). But post FA, I think we “should” go WR after adding 3 new starters to the line. Not saying we should forget about OL like it’s fixed... but grab a guy Round 2 to develop.

Something I really like about CeeDee Lamb is that he started for a big time program as a true
freshman an produced. Furthermore his QB changed all 3 years (given all good QBs) but he played great with them all. For me showing they all trusted him. Even Mayfield (who I hate) with Lamb as a true freshman threw to him enough for him to have 800yds and 7 TDs. As a sophomore with Murray a line of 1150yds and 11 TDs and with Hurts 1350yds and 15 TDs.

Very impressive. As someone who follows the Big 12 A LOT!!! Trust me... we’d be getting a star with Lamb, and I don’t like OU.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Something I really like about CeeDee Lamb is that he started for a big time program as a true
freshman an produced. Furthermore his QB changed all 3 years (given all good QBs) but he played great with them all. For me showing they all trusted him. Even Mayfield (who I hate) with Lamb as a true freshman threw to him enough for him to have 800yds and 7 TDs. As a sophomore with Murray a line of 1150yds and 11 TDs and with Hurts 1350yds and 15 TDs.

Very impressive. As someone who follows the Big 12 A LOT!!! Trust me... we’d be getting a star with Lamb, and I don’t like OU.

All true,  but stats are inflated in thr big 12 terrible defenses and high powered offenses everywhere. 

9 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

All true,  but stats are inflated in thr big 12 terrible defenses and high powered offenses everywhere. 

Agreed. But a guy like Reagor who has the same playing time... had 1000 less yards and 10 less TDs in that same time. And is highly ranked in this draft class from the Big 12. That’s significant

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Even though I dont think it will happen, i would be thrilled, Lamb is gonna be bigtime

Edited by Abe56

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Agreed. But a guy like Reagor who has the same playing time... had 1000 less yards and 10 less TDs in that same time. And is highly ranked in this draft class from the Big 12. That’s significant

Reagor had a flat out terrible QB this year.   Put him in Oklahoma's O and I bet he has since pretty nice stats

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Reagor had a flat out terrible QB this year.   Put him in Oklahoma's O and I bet he has since pretty nice stats

Reagor is a beast in traffic also. One of the best at contested catches in this class. Something a guy like darnold needs (a WR who can win those tight coverage battles)

3 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Matt Miller is NFL Draft Scout