2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

8 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Would you trade Adams for the right to walk away with a combination of

Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

Top WR from best class in decades + top OT in best class in decades vs a top Safety?  Are you kidding?  In a NY minute.  Where do I sign?  And I am by no means an Adams hater... but that would be just too good to be true,  It would change the dynamics of this team for the next 5-10 years.  Safeties are good too, but nowhere near as meaningful as those two positions.

Per nfldraftscout... we are still more than likely going OT at 11 but we are VERY high on CeeDee Lamb according to him and he said we have him ranked 1st on our board at WR and wouldn’t be shocked at all if we chose him over an OT.

Take that for what it’s worth... bc he’s not exactly a reliable source.

5 hours ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Matt Miller of Bleacher Rep͏o͏r͏t reported the same news about Lamb being our #1 rated WR. 

Lots of receiver chatter lately, maybe trying to get someone to jump ahead of us to pick a receiver? Any receiver picked before 11 would almost guarantee one of the OTs fall to us.

Another guess, I’m down near Philly and they love Lamb for the Eagles.  Another option is talking up Lamb to get the Eagles to trade up with us  

Personally, I would love to draft Lamb but my gut says we go O line. 

JD pumping out the smoke screens.  Gotta love it.  Welcome aboard Jerry Jeudy.  B|

Edited by dcat

7 hours ago, dcat said:

Top WR from best class in decades + top OT in best class in decades vs a top Safety?  Are you kidding?  In a NY minute.  Where do I sign?  And I am by no means an Adams hater... but that would be just too good to be true,  It would change the dynamics of this team for the next 5-10 years.  Safeties are good too, but nowhere near as meaningful as those two positions.

Normally yes in a nutshell that statement is true but Adams is a transendent player.  He's not just a safety.  He does things not every safety can do.  He single handily carried this defense to respectability without good CB play, losing the QBs of the defense in Mosley and Williamson and zero pass rushers.

It would need to be way more than the possibility the Lamb or Jeudy becoming a great WR for me to dump Adams who we know for sure is a game wrecker on defense.

This is a multiple 1st round haul we are talking.  I minkah Fitz is getting a high 1st as a return Adams is worth way more.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Normally yes in a nutshell that statement is true but Adams is a transendent player.  He's not just a safety.  He does things not every safety can do.  He single handily carried this defense to respectability without good CB play, losing the QBs of the defense in Mosley and Williamson and zero pass rushers.

It would need to be way more than the possibility the Lamb or Jeudy becoming a great WR for me to dump Adams who we know for sure is a game wrecker on defense.

This is a multiple 1st round haul we are talking.  I minkah Fitz is getting a high 1st as a return Adams is worth way more.

Exactly. All it in essence is trading him for is 1 1st rounder in the top 15 this year. That’s not worth it

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Exactly. All it in essence is trading him for is 1 1st rounder in the top 15 this year. That’s not worth it

agree to disagree. 

IMO - Top 2020 WR + Top 2020 OT (notwithstanding unproven at NFL level)  >>>  Top S.  By a super-wide margin.

7 minutes ago, dcat said:

agree to disagree. 

IMO - Top 2020 WR + Top 2020 OT (notwithstanding unproven at NFL level)  >>>  Top S.  By a super-wide margin.

While we can think the WR and OT will be great at this stage it’s no guarantee. Adams is proven you have to remember.

16 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Would you trade Adams for the right to walk away with a combination of

Becton, Wills, Wirfs, Thomas

Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs

I’m going to say no. We had a solid defense last year where Jamal was the by far the best player. Gregg is definitely the most important variable to a good defense but Jamal was the leader on the field. I get that safety is not as important as edge and corner. But Jamal does add value in covering TEs. He’s also going to give you some sacks and TFL. He’s also likely going to play at a high level for at least another 5-7 years. 

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

While we can think the WR and OT will be great at this stage it’s no guarantee. Adams is proven you have to remember.

well aware.  But still defend my position here.  TBH... I'm not in the least worried about any of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs.  Also not worried about Thomas, Whirfs or Wills.  Becton is the only one that brings unacceptable risk, IMO.  

27 minutes ago, dcat said:

agree to disagree. 

You are already getting one of them without having to deal Adams.  You make it seem like it's an either or situation when it's not.

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

You are already getting one of them without having to deal Adams.  You make it seem like it's an either or situation when it's not.

Frankly, I'd rather have 2 of them over Adams.  All based on positional value for me.  I know what Adams brings to the table.  And I know what kind of offensive power you need in the NFL to have any chance at success, and IMO, S is not a premium position.

1 minute ago, dcat said:

Frankly, I'd rather have 2 of them over Adams.  All based on positional value for me.  I know what Adams brings to the table.  And I know what kind of offensive power you need in the NFL to have any chance at success, and IMO, S is not a premium position.

You already can have one of them and Adams.  Given the depth of WR in the draft I'm not trading a player like Adams for an unknown in the draft.  Again Adams isn't just a safety he's that and so much more so you stop using his position as an argument.

The drop off from from Lamb to Aiyuk or Edwards is not worth losing Adams.  It's crazy to even suggest it to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

You already can have one of them and Adams.  Given the depth of WR in the draft I'm not trading a player like Adams for an unknown in the draft.  Again Adams isn't just a safety he's that and so much more so you stop using his position as an argument.

The drop off from from Lamb to Aiyuk or Edwards is not worth losing Adams.  It's crazy to even suggest it to be honest.

Agree 100%, but the idea of the trade is not to have such a drop off.  I don't believe that it would be possible and that is why I think such a trade is won't be happening.

Edited by dcat

5 minutes ago, dcat said:

Agree 100%, but the idea of the trade is not to have such a drop off.  I don't believe that it would be possible and that is why I think such a trade is won't be happening.

No the idea is to keep special players and not trade them away for less than their worth.  It won't be happening because JD would laugh whoever called off the phone.  If you want to trade a special player so we can get a slightly better WR in round 1 then round 2 so be it.  

I guess you would be ok trading Aaron Donald too.  I mean he's just an interior lineman.  Those guys are easy to replace.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

No the idea is to keep special players and not trade them away for less than their worth.  It won't be happening because JD would laugh whoever called off the phone.  If you want to trade a special player so we can get a slightly better WR in round 1 then round 2 so be it.  

I guess you would be ok trading Aaron Donald too.  I mean he's just an interior lineman.  Those guys are easy to replace.

nope.  But I firmly believe that both the OT position and the WR position are miles above in importance than the safety position.  Particularly one whose set of strengths does not include coverage.  Jamal brings other skills to the table, but coverage is not one of them.  People act like he is a model of perfection out there and he is anything but that.  We could run many reels of film showing him running the wrong angles and whiffing.  He's a top safety, yes.  But give me a top OT or a top WR or both over that position 24/7.