2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing with passing on guys like Jeudy and Lamb is it feels like we are passing on 2 superstars at a position we need. When really OL isn’t this WAY bigger need for us that they can just be ignored as pretty much locks to be stars as nfl WRs. Wills is the only OT I look at and think he’s going to be a pro bowler often like I see Lamb and Jeudy.

This is exactly how I see it. Not only is WR arguably just as big of a need but the players available are some of the best we’ve seen in a while, and let’s be honest we haven’t had a homegrown stud WR in god knows how long. I’m looking forward to that pick 🤞🏼

• Like 3

Ruggs is the only guy that would make me go wr at 11.  It would not shock me 1 bit if he's first wr off the board.  Deep down I kind of want to here his name at 11.  Jeudy doesn't do it for me especially at 11.  I like Lamb too but prefer Ruggs if we are going there in round 1

I just don't think we will though.  Pretty sure JD will go with an OT.  Josh Jones has pushed his way into that top 4 OT group for me.  I see no reason why he's not an elite OT on the next level.  I could see him sneaking in over Thomas honestly.  He's not nearly as refined as Thomas but played at an elite level already in college.  Most raw OTs have issues in college Jones did not which is impressive.  Could be even better with NFL coaching and refined technique which puts him in my eyes as an elite OT in this class.

I still think we need to double dip early on WRs.  Aiyuk is the guy I'm hoping for at the top of round 2 and Edwards I would love in round 3.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jetjuice said:

This is exactly how I see it. Not only is WR arguably just as big of a need but the players available are some of the best we’ve seen in a while, and let’s be honest we haven’t had a homegrown stud WR in god knows how long. I’m looking forward to that pick 🤞🏼

Same here. Aside from Wills, the only other guys I trust will be solid at OT are Josh Jones and Thomas. But those top 3 WR are in a different class than the OT that’ll likely be available. It’s taking me some time, but I’m on the WR bandwagon now. The only debate I’m having is which if three I like most. Reminds me of the Darnold QB class. The day before yesterday I preferred Lamb, yesterday it was Ruggs and today it’s Jeudy. I think I’ll be settling in with Jeudy though.

Edited by SDotNova

54 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Same here. Aside from Wills, the only other guys I trust will be solid at OT are Josh Jones and Thomas. But those top 3 WR are in a different class than the OT that’ll likely be available. It’s taking me some time, but I’m on the WR bandwagon now. The only debate I’m having is which if three I like most. Reminds me of the Darnold QB class. The day before yesterday I preferred Lamb, yesterday it was Ruggs and today it’s Jeudy. I think I’ll be settling in with Jeudy though.

I hear what your saying and jeudy will probably be a solid wr on the next level but Ruggs may be the closest thing to Tyreke Hill that we've seen.  

I'm just imagining what defenses will have to game plan for with BP and Ruggs on the outside.  Ruggs is not just a deep threat though.  His YAC ability is special too.

Ruggs and BP will open up the field for Bell, Herdon, and Crowder tremendously.  No more 8 man boxes for Bell.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

I hear what your saying and jeudy will probably be a solid wr on the next level but Ruggs may be the closest thing to Tyreke Hill that we've seen.  

I'm just imagining what defenses will have to game plan for with BP and Ruggs on the outside.  Ruggs is not just a deep threat though.  His YAC ability is special too.

Ruggs and BP will open up the field for Bell, Herdon, and Crowder tremendously.  No more 8 man boxes for Bell.

Lamb is arguably better than Ruggs after the catch. And Jeudy’s route running is the safest thing to transfer over to the nfl. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Lamb is arguably better than Ruggs after the catch. And Jeudy’s route running is the safest thing to transfer over to the nfl. 

I'm off the Jeudy band wagon. Great route running is fine but at #11 we need someone explosive...  I think Lamb and Ruggs easily have that over Jeudy. 

At this point I'd prefer Reagor or Mims over Jeudy. Just a feeling that Jeudy is being overrated... then again, I felt the same way about Amari Cooper and was 100% wrong. 

5 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I'm off the Jeudy band wagon. Great route running is fine but at #11 we need someone explosive...  I think Lamb and Ruggs easily have that over Jeudy. 

At this point I'd prefer Reagor or Mims over Jeudy. Just a feeling that Jeudy is being overrated... then again, I felt the same way about Amari Cooper and was 100% wrong. 

Huh,  I can't find a way to justify putting Reagor or Mims over Jeudy.   People at bama have said he's better than Cooper coming out.   

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

Huh,  I can't find a way to justify putting Reagor or Mims over Jeudy.   People at bama have said he's better than Cooper coming out.   

Yeah I prefer Ruggs and Lamb over Jeudy but no way can you put Mims or Raegor over him...or any of the “other” WRs over him. Ruggs, Lamb, and Jeudy are all just similar level prospects that it really comes down to preference 

If Jeudy is there he has to be the pick. The line is still weak but better. I think you add that Sam will get the ball out faster and make faster decisions will make things better too. The only way I go OL is if Willis or Wirf are there and I think both are gone by pick 11. I would love a trade down to early teens and pick up a 2nd or 3rd and still land a WR like Lamb, Jeudy, or Ruggs. 

On 3/28/2020 at 7:37 AM, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Think he might have been talking about the top receivers gone by 48. 

He wasn’t. Jeremiah isn’t going to go from believing their are 25-30 receivers with Day-1/Day-2 grades and stomping how Douglas will not take a WR over OL at 11, to totally flipping his stance. Every mock draft he’s written that doesn’t have the Jets taking an OL he states “There’s a chance all 4 go in the top 10” and he’s tweeted about it countless times. 

Semantics don’t hold up when you add context.

Edited by jetskid007

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

I suggest you re-watch Jeudy because there's no way Reagor or Mims are better prospects. Jeudy IS explosive and he's one of the best route runners CFB has ever seen. Very slippery after the catch. He is definitely going to be a stud in the NFL along with Ruggs and Lamb. I love Lamb but he's the least explosive of the trio and that's not a knock, the Bama boys are just studs. Jeudy was also the #1 in that offense, and actually compares to Cooper quite a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, jetskid007 said:

He wasn’t. Jeremiah isn’t going to go from believing their are 25-30 receivers with Day-1/Day-2 grades and stomping how Douglas will not take a WR over OL at 11, to totally flipping his stance. Every mock draft he’s written that doesn’t have the Jets taking an OL he states “There’s a chance all 4 go in the top 10” and he’s tweeted about it countless times. 

Semantics don’t hold up when you add context.

NYG - Becton

LAC - Wills

ARI - Wirfs

CLE - Thomas

On 3/28/2020 at 6:56 AM, Bobby816 said:

The thing with passing on guys like Jeudy and Lamb is it feels like we are passing on 2 superstars at a position we need. When really OL isn’t this WAY bigger need for us that they can just be ignored as pretty much locks to be stars as nfl WRs. Wills is the only OT I look at and think he’s going to be a pro bowler often like I see Lamb and Jeudy.

I have had been saying it for weeks, If any of the three wr's are there when we pick at 11 we must take one. That would be a huge help for the development of Darnold. When we pick at 11 there will be no Anthony Munso, Or Orlando Pace. We have missed for years not picking skilled players on offensive.

• Like 1