2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ve said since we didn’t do enough at WR and added 3 OLineman along with keeping Lewis and Winters, that WR has surpassed OL for me on my big board.

So your board isn’t predicated on the player’s talent, rather, it’s predicated on perceived need?

tenor.gif

Got it

Edited by jetskid007

58 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

So your board isn’t predicated on the player’s talent, rather, it’s predicated on perceived need?

tenor.gif

Got it

Absolutely. Based on your logic we should draft Burrow or Tua if there. Bc yes they’d be high on my board if we needed a QB. We’ve done the BPA crap for years and look where it’s got us. It’s about time we draft smart. Draft guys we need that talent is worthy of the spot. Not risks bc we aren’t a team that can afford risk. So my board is based on what I think we need the most, talent and most likely to be a great pro. All legit reasons to create a board. You don’t like it? I don’t care!!!

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. Based on your logic we should draft Burrow or Tua if there. Bc yes they’d be high on my board if we needed a QB. We’ve done the BPA crap for years and look where it’s got us. It’s about time we draft smart. Draft guys we need that talent is worthy of the spot. Not risks bc we aren’t a team that can afford risk. So my board is based on what I think we need the most, talent and most likely to be a great pro. All legit reasons to create a board. You don’t like it? I don’t care!!!

You take the highest guy on your board that will IMPROVE your team the most. If you think Burrow is THAT much better than Darnold,  then you absolutely draft him.

Do you feel Az made a mistake drafting Murray one year after taking Josh Rosen? Cause it certainly looks like it paid off for Az. 

You take the guy that improves the future outlook of your team the most. Not the position you need to fill the most, that's a very shortsighted way to look at it. 

Edited by KodiakThunder

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Sure.  all non 1st round WRs aren't a Gase type. Sure.

No he’s a guy who’s success is mainly winning jump balls. Not good separation. A game that’s a risk at the next level. Gase prefers speed, agility and good route running. All things that Pittman isn’t great at. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Incorrect. I'll explain it clearly for you: 

Best Player Available = 

(1) select the best value; (2) at a position which is in need of assets

Edited by jetskid007

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The question I have for the people pro Ol pretty much no matter what at 11... do you see all these OLIneman as perennial pro bowlers? Bc I see Wills as the only guy as that. I think each after that have things that hold them back.

I see them all been pro bowlers yes. I have a 7 way tie essentially on my big board. 

Any one of the 4 OT or 3 WR is a pick I’m happy with and if 5 of those 7 are there I wanna trade back for more picks no more than 4 spots so I can guarantee myself 1 of the 7 no matter what. 

From there I play to my board/team needs and fill holes for long term development. 

Honestly Becton is the only one of these “top” guys that scares me. 

Any of the other OTs/Jeudy/Ruggs and I’ll be happy.

an OT should be there. Every year some team in the top 10 makes a pick that no one saw coming. Someone will fall

Edited by GangGreen420