2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Never said he wasn’t. Just Becton and Wirfs are more athletic.

You still high on Jackson?!?!

I see he’s slipping in mocks. Given they’re just mocks. But some are even having him available in Round 2 now. Personally I’d rather Jones in that tier. I still see one of the 4 OTs there at 11. Thomas not having elite athleticism might not be high for us (I think he’s very good FYI, I think he’s one of the safer picks in the whole draft).

First, Jackson is a source based connection. I'm letting the Jet fan community on here know what I think and what I have heard. I'm expressing what word around the NFL community is, not what a hand full of "draftniks" predict a month out. He would not be my pick. I prefer a safer, steadier pick when it comes to the offensive line, as I have expressed many times before. At least I come in here and pass along real, relevant information and contributions. What are you contributing? 

Second, "I see he's slipping in mocks" is the most amateur statement I've read all week. 

For the record, I would take Thomas. I prefer the ho-hum OL over the freak athlete that's more of a projection. While unorthodox, I like that he has the strength to be a mauler and the length to play keep away. I think he shows good awareness. I think he's athletic enough, and if he can clean some things up he can be very good. That said, I don't believe Thomas is close to being one of the safest pick in the draft. He has some footwork and balance issues which could become a problem for him. Certainly has a chance at busting if he doesn't correct them. 

37 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

First, Jackson is a source based connection. I'm letting the Jet fan community on here know what I think and what I have heard. I'm expressing what word around the NFL community is, not what a hand full of "draftniks" predict a month out. He would not be my pick. I prefer a safer, steadier pick when it comes to the offensive line, as I have expressed many times before. At least I come in here and pass along real, relevant information and contributions. What are you contributing? 

Second, "I see he's slipping in mocks" is the most amateur statement I've read all week. 

For the record, I would take Thomas. I prefer the ho-hum OL over the freak athlete that's more of a projection. While unorthodox, I like that he has the strength to be a mauler and the length to play keep away. I think he shows good awareness. I think he's athletic enough, and if he can clean some things up he can be very good. That said, I don't believe Thomas is close to being one of the safest pick in the draft. He has some footwork and balance issues which could become a problem for him. Certainly has a chance at busting if he doesn't correct them. 

Once again I’m free to voice my opinion. Like 99.9% of us, my knowledge on players is watching film on them and reading what “experts” think about them. So to read “experts” mocks is completely credible as to throwing out thoughts. Your “connections” Apparently make you feel like your opinions are better than others. So it’s whatever. I’ll point out again. Typical lawyer. Thinking what he thinks and his thoughts are better than others.

Nearly every person in here gets there info the way I do. As I stated above (film, reading, etc). So if you are going to try and belittle each and every person that doesn’t have some “inside source”... you’re going to rub a lot of people the wrong way, like you already have me.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Once again I’m free to voice my opinion. Like 99.9% of us, my knowledge on players is watching film on them and reading what “experts” think about them. So to read “experts” mocks is completely credible as to throwing out thoughts. Your “connections” Apparently make you feel like your opinions are better than others. So it’s whatever. I’ll point out again. Typical lawyer. Thinking what he thinks and his thoughts are better than others.

Nearly every person in here gets there info the way I do. As I stated above (film, reading, etc). So if you are going to try and belittle each and every person that doesn’t have some “inside source”... you’re going to rub a lot of people the wrong way, like you already have me.

I don't think you have a clue what opinion means tbh

Saying “Wills may not be athletic enough” is not an opinion. It could be depending how you look at it, but either way it would be a uninformed one. Making an antagonizing statement such as “you’re not high on Jackson?!?!” is sarcasm. 

You are entitled to an opinion about personal preferences, liking something more than its comparison, or believing one thing is better than another for personal reasons, such as flavor of ice cream or the concept of size vs. strength. 

However, you are not entitled to a faulty or uninformed opinion that defies logic, reason, or verifiable facts. You can’t say that you think or believe something, have it contradicted with clear and irrefutable evidence and respond with “I’m entitled to my own opinion”... it defies logic. Furthermore, you can’t accuse someone of something and respond with “I’m entitled to my own opinion”... if I make a statement that’s not an opinion, how can you logically counter with that? You can’t.

Hit the books before quoting or responding to me again @Bobby816

7 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Saying “Wills may not be athletic enough” is not an opinion. It could be depending how you look at it, but either way it would be a uninformed one. Making an antagonizing statement such as “you’re not high on Jackson?!?!” is sarcasm. 

You are entitled to an opinion about personal preferences, liking something more than its comparison, or believing one thing is better than another for personal reasons, such as flavor of ice cream or the concept of size vs. strength. 

However, you are not entitled to a faulty or uninformed opinion that defies logic, reason, or verifiable facts. You can’t say that you think or believe something, have it contradicted with clear and irrefutable evidence and respond with “I’m entitled to my own opinion”... it defies logic. Furthermore, you can’t accuse someone of something and respond with “I’m entitled to my own opinion”... if I make a statement that’s not an opinion, how can you logically counter with that? You can’t.

Hit the books before quoting or responding to me again @Bobby816

I’ll do what I want thank you. If I want to quote you l, so be it. Bc I don’t agree with everything you post and like some of your posts. Feel free to block me if you want. I won’t as the MOD not quote people. If you have an issue with that... Take it up with people higher than me on this forum. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’ll do what I want thank you. If I want to quote you l, so be it. Bc I don’t agree with everything you post and like some of your posts. Feel free to block me if you want. I won’t as the MOD not quote people. If you have an issue with that... Take it up with people higher than me on this forum. 

No need to block, I’ll just continue to metaphorically body bag you every time you make an uninformed response or comment. I have nothing personal with you as I don’t know you, but your spiel is getting very annoying and takes away from good content on the forum.

1 minute ago, jetskid007 said:

No need to block, I’ll just continue to metaphorically body bag you every time you make an uninformed response or comment. I have nothing personal with you as I don’t know you, but your spiel is getting very annoying and takes away from good content on the forum.

As if I valued your opinion of my posts.....

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As if I valued your opinion of my posts.....

I actually value your opinion, when it’s an informed opinion or statement of preference. Shame you don’t value mine. Oh well.

Edited by jetskid007

I never post these but I was taking a look at how our draft could shake out if we went WR st 11.  Did this on thr draft network. 

11. Lamb wr,  2nd Austin Jackson ot,  3rd Josh Uche edge, 3rd Ben Bartch ot, 4th Bryan Edwards wr,  5th Darynton Evans rb,  6th Joshua Kelley rb, 6th Reggie Robinson cb

I'd be pretty happy with that draft

Edited by rampantjet