2020 NFL Draft: Discussion, Reports, Rumors, and Studies

jetskid007

Tee Higgins is a name not getting a lot of chatter in this forum and I’m not seeing him in many 1st round mocks. I know he didn’t run at the combine and I don’t believe he ever had a pro day. Is this a guy whose slipping because it’s a case of out of sight out of mind?

He wasn’t the #1 at Clemson but I liked a lot of what I saw during the season. Had some concentration drops and needs work on his route running. I still think he has potential to be an impact player at the next level and might be available at 48. 

What’s the general consensus on Higgins?  Love to hear everyone’s thoughts. 

10 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Tee Higgins is a name not getting a lot of chatter in this forum and I’m not seeing him in many 1st round mocks. I know he didn’t run at the combine and I don’t believe he ever had a pro day. Is this a guy whose slipping because it’s a case of out of sight out of mind?

He wasn’t the #1 at Clemson but I liked a lot of what I saw during the season. Had some concentration drops and needs work on his route running. I still think he has potential to be an impact player at the next level and might be available at 48. 

He had a pro day and it was pretty bad.  Ran in the mid to upper 4.5's which in combine terms is at very least the low 4.6's or worse.  Had a 31 inch vert which shows no explosion.  Good player, bad athlete.  He'll be there for us in the 2nd most likely, and i wouldn't throw anything if we took him but i am probably not rooting for it. 

11 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

I'm personally not the biggest fan and think there's a lot of other good options at 48 that are less scary. He doesn't run a complete route tree and like you said, has some concentration issues so I'd rather avoid. He looks like a prime-bust candidate to me.

11 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

He had pro day and it was bad.   He wasn't able to separate or cement his skill set from crowded class.   Good chance he may be Orlando Brown Jr of WR this draft.

I'm looking at a trade down with DEN.  They have two 3s and I'd move down to 15 so they can jump Oak and SF and land the WR of their choice.  We land an extra 3rd (77) and are probably still in play for my top Target Jones.  That is my ideal round 1.

That would gives us ammo to jump up in round 2 for Aiyuk who I want in round 2.  

Edited by Rockice_8

So we were talking earlier about what WR's could be available in the 2nd for us who have a chance of being a #1 guy if things break right.  I think i have settled on 1 name.  Donovan Peoples-Jones.  Guy clearly has all the athleticism in the world, and has the excuse of terrible QB play to explain his lack of production.  I've hear analysts talk about him getting separation for more often than he was actually targeted.  So there is my round 2 guy if we go OT in round 1.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rockice_8 said:

I'm looking at a trade down with DEN.  They have two 3s and I'd move down to 15 so they can jump Oak and SF and land the WR of their choice.  We land an extra 3rd (77) and are probably still in play for my top Target Jones.  That is my ideal round 1.

I dont think Denver is trading up for a WR. 

I do however think TB may move up for an OT since they invested heavily in a win-now brady and are.missing a starter at RT

Just now, KodiakThunder said:

I do however think TB may move up for an OT since they invested heavily in a win-now brady and are.missing a starter at RT

I'd rather trade back with TB than Denver.  If Denver trades up then all 3 WR's are most likely gone by 15.  If TB trades up for an OT we basically take the 1 remaining WR at 14 all are guys i am fine with.  

1 minute ago, KodiakThunder said:

If Atl wants to trade up I'd do the same deal for them too.  They could be targeting an impact defender should one fall out of the top 10.

2 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I'd rather trade back with TB than Denver.  If Denver trades up then all 3 WR's are most likely gone by 15.  If TB trades up for an OT we basically take the 1 remaining WR at 14 all are guys i am fine with.  

I prefer OT so missing on all 3 WRs is ok with me.  That means some combo of Jones, Becton, and Thomas could be there for us at 15.