Broncos waive QB Joe Flacco

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From Warren Sharp Twitter

Since 2013, Joe Flacco has made $142.5M cash in the NFL, the 5th most of any QB.
He averaged 6.5 YPA and a 82.5 rating. His teams went 44 - 47 in his starts.
The $112M cash he made from 2013-2017 was the #1 most of any QB.

So he turned into Sam Bradford after 2013.

Look, I saved you a bunch of typing!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

From Warren Sharp Twitter

Since 2013, Joe Flacco has made $142.5M cash in the NFL, the 5th most of any QB.
He averaged 6.5 YPA and a 82.5 rating. His teams went 44 - 47 in his starts.
The $112M cash he made from 2013-2017 was the #1 most of any QB.

All because of 1 SB win. I'm so proud. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, childofpudding said:

Elway seeing that Jameis Winston is available:

giphy.gif

Winston in high altitude? Man, he's going to throw that ball into the cheap seats, about 40 yards away from anyone actually playing football.

Denver cheerleaders might need to file for hazard pay.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Flacco will get a back-up job somewhere, he played fine last year. He's still a better option as a back-up than what most of the league has, I'd easily take him over the corpse of Matt Barkley.

He was bad. You are right on your second point because most backups will lose you almost any game you put them in. 

17 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Flacco will get a back-up job somewhere, he played fine last year. He's still a better option as a back-up than what most of the league has, I'd easily take him over the corpse of Matt Barkley.

I'd imagine Flacco probably could get himself a deal as a backup somewhere.  But i could see the more attractive option for him being...sit at home, and wait for someone to get injured.  That's probably his only realistic shot at a starting gig at this point.

Lots of teams out there with bad backups like Barkley that they just keep around because they're cheap, useful in practice and don't rock the boat.  But any of those teams...if they hit an injury to their starter, are inevitably going to want someone else to step in and actually take the reins.