Sign in to follow this  
49erurtaza

49ers sign Tom Compton Guard

Posted (edited)

Guessing competition for Brunskil

Edited by 49erurtaza

So you swap Person for Compton? That's a wash really....with Person in a slight headwind. Unless Compton is dirt cheap.

Oh....well...that seems like a financial decision. Worse guard but likely on a cheaper deal and I believe Shanny has experience with him. 

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Oh....well...that seems like a financial decision. Worse guard but likely on a cheaper deal and I believe Shanny has experience with him. 

Comparable deal? 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Comparable deal? 

Oh god, we are paying him more. WTH? That's just dumb. I'd rather have kept Person. No idea what they are thinking there. 

Just to put this in perspective, Compton played a third of the snaps of Person and still managed to allow more sacks and commit more penalties. 

We decided to pay this guy a bigger cap hit than Person had this year. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Oh god, we are paying him more. WTH? That's just dumb. I'd rather have kept Person. No idea what they are thinking there. 

Just Shanny getting his guy again. Same reasons we got Person a few years back. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just Shanny getting his guy again. Same reasons we got Person a few years back. 

Just dumb lol 

Just now, Forge said:

Just dumb lol 

One benefit of doubt I'm giving Shanny is that we all kind of felt the same about the Person/Garland signings, and everything considered, those ended up being solid signings. We had sooo many OL injuries last season yet it held up because of the depth. Don't get me wrong, the interior OL needed to improve, but the depth was fine. 

16 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Ehh would have rather just kept persons 

That's hard to get behind. Unless his cap hit is lower than 3 and he has the opportunity of making UP TO 3 mil this year. Either way, I don't like this move. 

Really don't get this move. Person while not exactly great is still cheaper and probably better than Compton.