49ers sign Tom Compton Guard

49erurtaza

11 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Who fits the mod? Austin Jackson?

Personally, I think Becton is the best OT in the draft. A guy that big shouldn't be able to move as well as he does. And he's just scratching the surface I believe. I'd grab him@13 and wouldn't think twice. Some ppl believe he's too big for a ZBS scheme but just put on the tape and watch how athletic he is and how well he looks on the move. Kid can play in any scheme.

Edited by 757-NINER

12 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

Hmm we were just discussing Person's future yesterday and here we are releasing him and signing Compton. It really is a head scratcher this one but I'm just a fan, our front office do this for a living. And we were all flat out wrong about Brunskill so let's see how this pans out first. 

Well we were all right about Malcolm Smith. :D

• Like 1

A guy who’s named has seemed to have lost some luster is Tyler Biadasz from Wisconsin. A C for all of his career at Wisc injuries hurt his stock it would appear this season but the kid is a player. I think his game could easily move to OG relatively seamlessly. Should be available in the 2nd round as well if we trade one of our 1sts to gain some more picks. As @oldman9er mentioned, Cushenberry could be a target as well as Cesar Ruiz from Michigan at the end of the 1st. Should all be able to provide quality C/OG depth which I still, and have for a while, deemed extremely important to upgrade. Richburgs injury makes him a question mark and having Garland and Compton on one year deals, both average to below talents and no real long term future, I’m praying it’s finally addressed this year. I like what Brunskil was able to do last year but other than him there is no depth.