49ers sign Tom Compton Guard

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

That's hard to get behind. Unless his cap hit is lower than 3 and he has the opportunity of making UP TO 3 mil this year. Either way, I don't like this move. 

10 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

Really don't get this move. Person while not exactly great is still cheaper and probably better than Compton.

Unless person's neck injury has something to do with it?

• Like 3

Hmm we were just discussing Person's future yesterday and here we are releasing him and signing Compton. It really is a head scratcher this one but I'm just a fan, our front office do this for a living. And we were all flat out wrong about Brunskill so let's see how this pans out first. 

30 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

I think Brunskill and the hope that we add someone in the draft are the reasons I will shrug off this Person for Compton trade-off. And I don't think that guard needs to be one of the two first round picks, unless it's a tackle playing guard. 

Draft experts in this thread, who fits the mold?

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yes, much better. Brunskill was one of the best tackles in pass protection last season. 

Which completely baffles me why ppl, including our own coaching staff want to push him inside. I just don't get it. He was a TE in college that switched to OT his senior year I think. He played OT exclusively in the AAF. I'm sure he can play guard. Just don't think you're maximizing his talent playing him inside. I get wanting to get the best the best five on the field but he should really be@swing tackle. I'd let him and Coleman duke it out for the job. 

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Which completely baffles me why ppl, including our own coaching staff want to push him inside. I just don't get it. He was a TE in college that switched to OT his senior year I think. He played OT exclusively in the AAF. I'm sure he can play guard. Just don't think you're maximizing his talent playing him inside. I get wanting to get the best the best five on the field but he should really be@swing tackle. I'd let him and Coleman duke it out for the job. 

Exactly, and when Staley went down in the playoffs for a series or two, Skule replaced him which made no sense. I mean they had to bench Skule for Brunskill in the regular season against GB for a reason. Brunskill is built to play tackle and his athleticism really shows. Poor mans Joe Staley. 

• Like 1