Sign in to follow this  
INbengalfan

Billings to the Browns

For 3.5 mill/ 1 year.

For that price, I would have much [preferred keeping him and removing the tender on Tupou.  That rotation would be unreal

If he's 10 mil per year cheaper than Reader, we should have kept Billings and used the savings on a top LB.

1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

If he's 10 mil per year cheaper than Reader, we should have kept Billings and used the savings on a top LB.

Go start your own team then.

5 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So you don't think we need LB upgrades?

Everyone knows we do.  But not everyone thinks they grow on trees for Mike Brown to pick for free or cheap.

For instance, you keep coming back to losing Schobert over 3/4 of a million dollars per year.  But that's not the whole picture.  Florida has no state income tax, so for us to truly outbid we would have had to improve the bid by another 4-5 million.  Those are economic facts.    Are you willing to pay a LB $16 mill?  I'm not.  The only move they didn't make that I am disappointed in was not extending Billings (see above).  There aren't many FA LBs in this market, so we had to get into a bidding war.  So we lost, but we helped the run defense by getting Reader.  We cut Webb, lost Dennard, and responded with MacKenzie.  We are moving WhoDre, and replaced him with Waynes.

This was always a two year rebuild anyway.  We just eliminated CB on the needs list.  Would I have preferred LB?  Yes, but t is what it is.  And for the record, I wanted TWO LBs in free Agency to avoid having to reach for them.  It didn't work, but we got two CBs and a stud DT.  That's a win too.  So now we can focus on Burrow, LBs and WR in the draft, while tossing in an OT and TE, along with K.

Given all that, how about a draft of...

1.  Burrow

2.  Baun

3.  Davis-Gaither or Harrison

4.  Claypool

5.  Thaddeus Moss

6.  OL

7.  Bass

If we end up trading Dalton and/or Dre, add another pick in there somewhere.

Another thing to consider.  We have first spot in claiming anyone waived up until week 4 of next season, meaning we can claim anyone we want or need after roster final cuts in August (or whenever it happens this year)

23 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

So you don't think we need LB upgrades?

We do. You just spin a negative angle on nearly everything the team does. It’s incredibly annoying and it’s exhausting to read constantly; it’s soul sucking. No one likes a Negative Nancy. I thought about blocking you so not to worry about it but since there are so few Bengals fans on here, all perspectives are appreciated. We gotta stick together. But seriously, chill out.

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

We do. You just spin a negative angle on nearly everything the team does. It’s incredibly annoying and it’s exhausting to read constantly; it’s soul sucking. No one likes a Negative Nancy. I thought about blocking you so not to worry about it but since there are so few Bengals fans on here, all perspectives are appreciated. We gotta stick together. But seriously, chill out.

I wish the Bengals were a well run team in which the city could take pride. Once upon a time, they were that. But Paul Brown died. 

We have to face the reality of our current situation. In the NFL you are what your record says, which is the worst team in the league for 2019. We were of course last in the AFCN and haven't gained any ground on our rivals. The 3rd place team has had a better offseason than us thus far. The 2nd place team is getting back their franchise QB for 2020. The top team from last year seems to have upgraded its defense via trades. 

We've gained ground on the Patriots if that floats your boat. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

They lost the LBs before the reader signing. It happened in that order. So if they passed on Reader they would have gotten nothing. 

Sometimes you swing and miss. FA is a two way street. They tried for schobert and kwiatowski. Both elected to go elsewhere. It's just the way it goes sometimes.