Cardinals sign LB De'Vondre Campbell (One year, up to $8.5 M)

RaidersAreOne

Phillips is a major upgrade on the likes of Clinton McDonald and Captain Reid.

Devon Kennard is absolutely an upgrade on the corpse of Terrell Suggs

Devondre Campbell is much better than Joe Walker/DJ Swearinger/other random dog crap

Then you factor in Patrick Peterson not having to jump into the defense cold in the middle of the season, and Robert Alford coming back from injury, this defense has massively upgraded their talent. Now I’m not saying that this is all of a sudden a top 10 defense, but it could be an average NFL defense. Couple that with the Hopkins  addition and Drake’s likely retention, we should be challenging for a wild card spot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

gah, wanted him for the Eagles

No sir you really didn't want him on the eagles lol.  Thats quite a bit of a overpay for him i would have been ok with about 3 mil a year at most for Campbell.  Luckily it's only 1 year so it's not hurting them that much but he's not that good really.   He can get alot of tackles but it's not usually impact plays it's more so after the offensive guy has made a play and he is stopping them down the field a bit. He's not really that good in coverage either like we all thought he would be for his size and speed.  The one thing i think he can do well if anyone gives him more of a chance though is provide a solid pass rush from the SLB position if they give him more chances at it.   Overall very few fans wanted him back and think he can be upgraded quite easily in the draft or by a cheaper LB than what he got for this year.

Just now, LuckyNumber11 said:

Phillips is a major upgrade on the likes of Clinton McDonald and Captain Reid.

Devon Kennard is absolutely an upgrade on the corpse of Terrell Suggs

Devondre Campbell is much better than Joe Walker/DJ Swearinger/other random dog crap

Then you factor in Patrick Peterson not having to jump into the defense cold in the middle of the season, and Robert Alford coming back from injury, this defense has massively upgraded their talent. Now I’m not saying that this is all of a sudden a top 10 defense, but it could be an average NFL defense. Couple that with the Hopkins  addition and Drake’s likely retention, we should be challenging for a wild card spot. 

Jordan Phillips has had one good year as a rotational DL. Devon Kennard got cut from the Lions. And Campbell is a solid but unspectacular LB. Yeah, I'm raining on your parade, Lucky, but I don't see how these guys takes a defense from bottom 5 in the NFL to anything more than average. So you have to be projecting a huge jump from your offense in 2020. And that's far from guaranteed. Young QBs' paths to success often aren't linear. You also haven't really fixed your troublesome OL. Challenging for a wild card spot in the NFC isn't going to be easy, especially in the NFC West.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Jordan Phillips has had one good year as a rotational DL. Devon Kennard got cut from the Lions. And Campbell is a solid but unspectacular LB. Yeah, I'm raining on your parade, Lucky, but I don't see how these guys takes a defense from bottom 5 in the NFL to anything more than average. So you have to be projecting a huge jump from your offense in 2020. And that's far from guaranteed. Young QBs' paths to success often aren't linear. You also haven't really fixed your troublesome OL. Challenging for a wild card spot in the NFC isn't going to be easy, especially in the NFC West.

That’s literally all I’m saying. And making a jump from bottom 5 to an average defense is reasonable. While yes I’ll concede that a sophomore slump for Kyler is possible, Kyler did a lot with very little last year. I don’t think I need to explain what adding Hopkins does for our offense. 

Are you suggesting that thinking we should push for a playoff spot is unreasonable? I understand how difficult the NFC and especially NFC West is but that isn’t unreasonable at all

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

That’s literally all I’m saying. And making a jump from bottom 5 to an average defense is reasonable. While yes I’ll concede that a sophomore slump for Kyler is possible, Kyler did a lot with very little last year. I don’t think I need to explain what adding Hopkins does for our offense. 

Are you suggesting that thinking we should push for a playoff spot is unreasonable? I understand how difficult the NFC and especially NFC West is but that isn’t unreasonable at all

I think you're being optimistic. We'll see.

45 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

No sir you really didn't want him on the eagles lol.  Thats quite a bit of a overpay for him i would have been ok with about 3 mil a year at most for Campbell.  Luckily it's only 1 year so it's not hurting them that much but he's not that good really.   He can get alot of tackles but it's not usually impact plays it's more so after the offensive guy has made a play and he is stopping them down the field a bit. He's not really that good in coverage either like we all thought he would be for his size and speed.  The one thing i think he can do well if anyone gives him more of a chance though is provide a solid pass rush from the SLB position if they give him more chances at it.   Overall very few fans wanted him back and think he can be upgraded quite easily in the draft or by a cheaper LB than what he got for this year.

Basically this. I thought Foye Oluokun was playing better than he was throughout 2019.

Just now, scar988 said:

Basically this. I thought Foye Oluokun was playing better than he was throughout 2019.

You damn right Foye was playing better than he was im actually super high on Foye.  He is an extremely intelligent linebacker and puts himself in position to make plays quite often.   This is why im starting to come around on Chassion a bit and even more so now that we got Fowler at DE.  A LB core of WLB - Foye  MLB -  Debo - SLb - Chassion  is more than acceptable.  I wasn't to much for Chassion to begin with as i was worried he wouldn't be a legit pass rusher that could get 10 to 15 sacks a year and would be more of a guy we drop in coverage to much at times.  But with Fowler there i am now more open to getting him to actually add to and help the pass rush more and still having him drop in coverage and help the LB core.  Still want Kinlaw, Simmons, or Brown 1st if we have any small chance at all for them but im much more open to Chassion now if he is who falls to us at 16.

3 hours ago, Fullback said:

Cardinals will be in wildcard contention imo. They had some atrocious weak links on defense that got filled with solid players in free agency. Jordan Phillips, Kennard and Campbell are much better than what they fielded last year. Chandler Jones is a beast and Patrick Peterson looked like his old self after struggling upon his return from suspension. Budda Baker is a heat seeking missile. I think their defense could be above average.

And if Kyler Murray can take the next step - which seems foregone conclusion but let's see first - their offense could be explosive. No championship contender yet, but I fully expect them to be in the wildcard race.

Come, my child - dine with us in the Cardinals forum.

3 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I think you're being optimistic. We'll see.

the biggest improvement the d is gonna make is from PP

he missed 8 gms last year and then sucked when he got back

he played like 4 good gms last year

assuming health, and I don't think he has missed a gm due to injury his entire career, he will be way better than what we had last year

• Like 1

Just now, 11sanchez11 said:

the biggest improvement the d is gonna make is from PP

he missed 8 gms last year and then sucked when he got back

he played like 4 good gms last year

assuming health, and I don't think he has missed a gm due to injury his entire career, he will be way better than what we had last year

Your offense did nothing against the rams. Go home. You’re drunk. That D was bad! But not as bad as the O was. 

8 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Your offense did nothing against the rams. Go home. You’re drunk. That D was bad! But not as bad as the O was. 

you guys have a completely different team than you did 2 days ago lol

idk how you could say anything about your team at this moment 

3 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you guys have a completely different team than you did 2 days ago lol

idk how you could say anything about your team at this moment 

Breh y’all light work. We could sig bet right now. Change your huggies and lmk if you’re down.