Redskins sign OT Cornelius Lucas 2 years/5.3m

ARTMONK HOF

5 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Some of you are conditioned to only accept expensive players.

We need help at OT overall. We need depth, especially a guy who can fill in at swing tackle. Hasn’t been the same since Ty Neskhe left. Can’t rely on Geron Christian.

Signing a guy under 30 with experience as a swing tackle for under $3M/yr is not a bad thing.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29794981705c16deb6db

jk, jk

With a lot of the description here — height, weight, swing tackle, possible late bloomer — is anyone else getting some Ty Nsekhe vibes?

It’s hard to get too excited about a swing tackle when we don’t have a starting LEFT tackle, but I don’t mind bringing this guy in to compete with Christian to be the top depth option. He’s got the athletic chops, and he seems to have fared well as a pass blocker last season at least.

Would be interesting to have him learn behind another late bloomer who was a tremendous athlete in Jason Peters. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

With a lot of the description here — height, weight, swing tackle, possible late bloome — is anyone else getting some Ty Nsekhe vibes?

It’s hard to get too excited about a swing tackle when we don’t have a starting LEFT tackle, but I don’t mind bringing this guy in to compete with Christian to be the top depth option. He’s got the athletic chops, and he seems to have fared well as a pass blocker last season at least.

Would be interesting to have him learn behind another late bloomer who was a tremendous athlete in Jason Peters. 

Yeah, I am thinking he is Ty Nsekhe like. I said that earlier too when @Canuck posted his size.

45 minutes ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Some of you are conditioned to only accept expensive players.

We need help at OT overall. We need depth, especially a guy who can fill in at swing tackle. Hasn’t been the same since Ty Neskhe left. Can’t rely on Geron Christian.

Signing a guy under 30 with experience as a swing tackle for under $3M/yr is not a bad thing.

Except that’s not the case at all. A 3-13 team with a boatload of cap space and massive needs at TE and on the OL is dumpster diving in free agency and it’s going to hurt the development of their young QB. Not signing a worthwhile TE is simply inexcusable and I refuse to buy into the “oh look at all these smart moves by the Redskins” posts simply because there’s a new regime head.
This off-season has started nearly identical to all of Bruce’s. Pick through the scraps and sign players nobody else wanted but also get the one guy to keep the fans happy (Fuller). What we’re doing right now is the exact same thing we did for 10 years under Bruce and nobody can argue this.