Sean Payton tests positive for Covid-19

Apparition

34 minutes ago, Dome said:

If this is true I hope there’s a way he can be held civically and/or criminally liable for anyone he infected there. Reckless selfish behavior.

How would you prove who he infected and who was already infected?  I'm not justifying what he did, but trying to hold him accountable for something like that is near impossible.  The person mentioned being on a flight and taking medicine to cheat the checks is a different story due to subverting security checks.  Also we don't know what precautions he took while out to prevent any potential infections.

Still a dumb thing to do regardless if he knew he was infected.

What I heard on NFLN and reported here as ONLY heard on NFLN has been corrected on NOLA.com

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_c9d55f3c-6a1e-11ea-a747-d37303a2bee0.html

He went to the track on Sunday.

He felt sick on Sunday and got tested on Monday.

He got the results today.

He appears to have been completely responsible.

The 8 days ago said on the air was likely a mixup of he has 8 more days of quarantine?

from the article:

Payton came forward regarding his diagnosis because, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "he wants all people to heed the warnings of government officials, stay inside and behave responsibly." 

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 5

Couldn’t happen to a better person. What’s Shame. Hope Sean a fast and speedy recovery.. 

This is tragic! Specially with the news of him being diagnosed and yet he went on to a horse race. Praying for all those involved. Get well. Prayers up! 

1 minute ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Couldn’t happen to a better person. What’s Shame. Hope Sean a fast and speedy recovery.. 

This is tragic! Specially with the news of him being diagnosed and yet he went on to a horse race. Praying for all those involved. Get well. Prayers up! 

You're an idiot. Read above. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

What I heard on NFLN and reported here as ONLY heard on NFLN has been corrected on NOLA.com

https://www.nola.com/news/coronavirus/article_c9d55f3c-6a1e-11ea-a747-d37303a2bee0.html

He went to the track on Sunday.

He felt sick on Sunday and got tested on Monday.

He got the results today.

He appears to have been completely responsible.

The 8 days ago said on the air was likely a mixup of he has 8 more days of quarantine?

from the article:

Payton came forward regarding his diagnosis because, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter, "he wants all people to heed the warnings of government officials, stay inside and behave responsibly." 

Good to hear.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Obviously wish him the best, being sick at the height of flu season is terrible. But, like all people who don't already have cancer, AIDs or heart disease, he has 99.2% chance of being absolutely fine. (Actually a lot more than that, since he's also under 70). In fact, there's a 75% chance the virus will present with no symptoms at all.

A recent study in Japan found all CV cases to have case fatality ratio as low as 0.04%, that is markedly less than seasonal flu.

Roughly 60,000 people have died of the flu in the US this year, and 100,000s have been infected. That's the new flu that mutated this season - every year the flu virus mutates, spreads all around the world in a matter of weeks, kills literally half a million people while infecting 10s of millions, and we all just get on with our lives. The hype over CV is real. The danger less so.

Sorry, but this is my field and I'm getting pretty tired of the media hyping up the danger. We're in more danger from panic than the virus at this point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Raves said:

How would you prove who he infected and who was already infected?  I'm not justifying what he did, but trying to hold him accountable for something like that is near impossible.  The person mentioned being on a flight and taking medicine to cheat the checks is a different story due to subverting security checks.  Also we don't know what precautions he took while out to prevent any potential infections.

Still a dumb thing to do regardless if he knew he was infected.

You are way over complicating it. It’d be a class-action lawsuit he would easily lose. The virus is airborne. Breath the same air as someone who has it within about four feet, and you’re likely to catch it. Will he get sued? Probably not. But he would certainly have to settle it before it got to a trial. 

Now I’m quoting the bold, there is no precautions you can take from not giving it to people.  Only a mask. And that’s not bulletproof. 

You do realize Italy is arresting anyone who leaves their house without proper authorization (grocery store, etc) for man slaughter right?

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

this is why the NFL league year starting on time was a mistake. The Saints now have to go through FA with their HC working remote from home, unable to leave. I am sure their are less high profile staff members around the league in similar situations. The playing field is not even at the moment. 

It probably gets worse from here. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Anyone have symptoms?

did anyone else get really sick back in January. It felt like a really bad flu, and I never get the flu. I was sick over a week which is really weird for me, but got over it. Did anyone else get really sick a few months back? I'm in my late 20s and live in California.

Edited by Humble_Beast

14 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

did anyone else get really sick back in January. It felt like a really bad flu, and I never get the flow. I was sick over a week which is really weird for me, but got over it. Did anyone else get really sick a few months back? I'm in my late 20s and live in California.

I did I believe beginning of February had exact symptoms of the corona virus.