Sean Payton tests positive for Covid-19

Apparition

13 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I did I believe beginning of February had exact symptoms of the corona virus.

Lots of people did, whatever that bug was, it ripped through my place of work in no time flat. Hearing this pretty much everywhere you go. 

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

On 19/03/2020 at 10:50 PM, ChazStandard said:

Obviously wish him the best, being sick at the height of flu season is terrible. But, like all people who don't already have cancer, AIDs or heart disease, he has 99.2% chance of being absolutely fine. (Actually a lot more than that, since he's also under 70). In fact, there's a 75% chance the virus will present with no symptoms at all.

A recent study in Japan found all CV cases to have case fatality ratio as low as 0.04%, that is markedly less than seasonal flu.

Roughly 60,000 people have died of the flu in the US this year, and 100,000s have been infected. That's the new flu that mutated this season - every year the flu virus mutates, spreads all around the world in a matter of weeks, kills literally half a million people while infecting 10s of millions, and we all just get on with our lives. The hype over CV is real. The danger less so.

Sorry, but this is my field and I'm getting pretty tired of the media hyping up the danger. We're in more danger from panic than the virus at this point.

I hope you are right. 

But the immense death total in Italy (650 in just 24 hours yedterday and 3000 this week), largely concentrated in a small area, with overloaded to the point of being almost non functioning health service, is what is scaring me. 

The media in my country (the UK) is mostly ignoring the italy number and I assume it's the same in the US, which makes me think they are now doing the opposite of hyping it, so as to not cause panic.

That said, I do read your post with optimism, and hope it is as you say.

• Like 1