Sean Payton tests positive for Covid-19

Apparition

6 minutes ago, viper952 said:

Will we have football

Obviously too early to tell, but I would imagine yes.

At some point we will have to go back toward some sort of normalcy. Maybe there will be curtailments on fans in attendance, but if I had to bet, I would put my money on the league playing its full slate of games.

23 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The big story here might be what was reported on NFLN

• He was diagnosed 8 days ago
  • He went out to a public horse racing event 5 days ago.

I'd like to get more details, but this is what was said on the air.

If this is true I hope there’s a way he can be held civically and/or criminally liable for anyone he infected there. Reckless selfish behavior.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:
28 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Color me shocked. 

I'm assuming he got tested 8 days ago and he just recently got the test back yesterday/today?

Just now, Dome said:

If this is true I hope there’s a way he can be held civically and/or criminally liable for anyone he infected there. Reckless selfish behavior.

China is charging a lady that lowered her temp with extra doses of Tylenol to get past temp screenings in LA airport with endangering the plane/public after the medicine wore off halfway through the flight and her symptoms showed back up. On the flight she confessed to what she did...  She flew from Boston to LA to Beijing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm assuming he got tested 8 days ago and he just recently got the test back yesterday/today?

I don't think the test was ever that long to get results back. The most I heard was 48 hours and that time has come down considerably. It is either bad reporting or Payton was being selfish which as I said wouldn't shock me.

Edit: though it's worth noting, you should self-isolate if you have symptoms and are waiting for the results of the test. So even if he was waiting for results, he was reckless to go out and attend a public event. Wouldn't be as bad as knowing he had it but still inconsiderate.

Edited by LeotheLion
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

I don't think the test was ever that long to get results back. The most I heard was 48 hours and that time has come down considerably. It is either bad reporting or Payton was being selfish which as I said wouldn't shock me.

Edit: though it's worth noting, you should self-isolate if you have symptoms and are waiting for the results of the test. So even if he was waiting for results, he was reckless to go out and attend a public event. Wouldn't be as bad as knowing he had it but still inconsiderate.

I heard some tests could take as long as a week.

43 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I'd like to get more details, but this is what was said on the air.

If that's accurate he's a real A-hole

Edited by Arthur Penske

this is why the NFL league year starting on time was a mistake. The Saints now have to go through FA with their HC working remote from home, unable to leave. I am sure their are less high profile staff members around the league in similar situations. The playing field is not even at the moment.