Sean Payton tests positive for Covid-19

Apparition

10 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I did I believe beginning of February had exact symptoms of the corona virus.

I talked to other people and some people feel the same. I traveled to Bay Area and LA before I got sick. I hate missing work and had to miss 10 days. 

Edited by Humble_Beast
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Obviously wish him the best, being sick at the height of flu season is terrible. But, like all people who don't already have cancer, AIDs or heart disease, he has 99.2% chance of being absolutely fine. (Actually a lot more than that, since he's also under 70). In fact, there's a 75% chance the virus will present with no symptoms at all.

A recent study in Japan found all CV cases to have case fatality ratio as low as 0.04%, that is markedly less than seasonal flu.

Roughly 60,000 people have died of the flu in the US this year, and 100,000s have been infected. That's the new flu that mutated this season - every year the flu virus mutates, spreads all around the world in a matter of weeks, kills literally half a million people while infecting 10s of millions, and we all just get on with our lives. The hype over CV is real. The danger less so.

Sorry, but this is my field and I'm getting pretty tired of the media hyping up the danger. We're in more danger from panic than the virus at this point.

What is your definition of danger? In terms of current mortality rate, I would agree. But CV is dangerous in other ways specifically because it is so contagious. You can be a carrier without even showing symptoms during that 14 day period, spreading it more easily to those who may susceptible to its harmful effects. And without proper testing, we're behind the curve and on the same trajectory that is consuming Europe right now. Maybe the problem isn't the media hype. Maybe the problem was that we didn't take the hype seriously enough at the beginning.

• Like 2

the real danger is overwhelming the healthcare system. It is why prevention of spread has been so extreme. Healthcare resources are only so many and without proper treatment even a young healthy person could leave with a worse illness or a damaged lung for the rest of their lives. 

• Like 4

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I still maintain this can have a negative effect on the Saints in this crucial time of the year. 

We'll trade you
We'll take the sick coach and you can try convincing young millionaires to move to Green Bay, WI.

The only truly level playing field... is a cemetery

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Cheap shot

Why would any defend that garbage? What has he done to warrant anything else?

He is fine with players on his team being paid to injury people. He is fine with going to major public events when he knows he might have Coronavirus. That’s on top of constantly whining about officiating like a child instead of accepting responsibility, or taunting people as virtually no other head coach does. 

He shouldn’t be in the NFL.

Just now, patriotsheatyan said:
2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Cheap shot

Why would any defend that garbage? What has he done to warrant anything else?

He is fine with players on his team being paid to injury people. He is fine with going to major public events when he knows he might have Coronavirus. That’s on top of constantly whining about officiating like a child instead of accepting responsibility, or taunting people as virtually no other head coach does. 

He shouldn’t be in the NFL.

/whoosh

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I talked to other people and some people feel the same. I traveled to Bay Area and LA before I got sick. I hate missing work and had to miss 10 days. 

My mom also had the same thing went to the doctor and had flu swabbed and it was negative. They had no idea what it was.