When do the 49ers Beat Hard?

48 1/2ers

Do you Beat Hard?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Beat Hard?

• Yes - Beathard should get a shot sooner rather than later
    • No - I beat soft

4 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Meh, the ducks dont bother me. As long as the ball gets to where its supposed to be, dont really care what it looks like. I think ppl(not saying you) are getting too caught up in the fact that he doesnt throw a pretty ball, questioning his arm strength. Beathard has a NFL arm. I saw him in college, zip balls into tight windows on a rope plenty. He generates enough torque to make small window throws routinely. Its when his mechanics go to **** and his footwork gets sloppy that he tends to struggles with velocity. One of the things I like about Beathard is he understands ball speed and touch. You don't have to riffle every throw into tight quarters if your anticipation and ball placement is on point. But i think sometimes he gete too caught up on touch and placement instead of just letting it rip and the ball comes out like he has a dead arm or something. He really needs to devote this off-season to his mechanics and footwork. 

Yeah, I'm not talking about the look of the ball. Peyton never really threw a pretty  ball either. I'm talking solely about the zip. He floats balls all the time. Far too much. I said the same thing during the preseason games. He could have just as easily had at least 2 pick 6's yesterday that I can remember right off the top of my head. He threw several balls into positions where you need to zip it in there, and he threw up some ducks that just kind of hovered. He can understand speed and touch and that you need to have them both,  but if he doesn't understand when to utilize each, it's really no good to him. Hopefully, that is something that comes with time. His accuracy is extremely inconsistent, which is another issue. There are a few things...but we are talking about a young guy,  and of lot of this comes with experience, coaching, etc, so we will see which things he absorbs and which go by the wayside. 

I don't have a ton of high hopes for him, as I've never been a fan, but I wasn't completely put off by yesterday's performance. I mean, kind of a tough situation to get into yesterday, and I think all things considered that he handled himself very well. 

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/17/c-j-beathard-test-run-defines-49ers-pending-search-for-franchise-qb/

“Anytime you’ve got a guy that’s fearless, I think he’s extremely intelligent, football means the world to him, he really works at it, he’s accurate and he can process and play the game very fast in the pocket, I think that gives you a chance to play in this league.” -Shanahan

Good quick read here. I'm starting to think looking too far ahead to the offseason and who the quarterback will be might be a little unfair to Beat Hard. Lets give the guy a shot to show us something and maybe he can establish himself as a guy that simply wins/keeps us in games. He's not a gunslinger like Stafford or Rodgers but an Alex Smith level guy might be the bar he needs to reach to give us something to build on for the future. 

4 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/17/c-j-beathard-test-run-defines-49ers-pending-search-for-franchise-qb/

Good quick read here. I'm starting to think looking too far ahead to the offseason and who the quarterback will be might be a little unfair to Beat Hard. Lets give the guy a shot to show us something and maybe he can establish himself as a guy that simply wins/keeps us in games. He's not a gunslinger like Stafford or Rodgers but an Alex Smith level guy might be the bar he needs to reach to give us something to build on for the future. 

Like Ive said, his footwork and lack exeperince are going to hurt him until he has more time in this offense. BUT he has a chance to surprise alot of ppl(including me) if he can really work on his his sloppy footwork/mechanics and just gain more knowledge of how defenses are going to try to manipulate his decision making. He made several reads against the Skins not all rookies can make. He is quick with his reads and is decesive with the ball, things even veteran QBs struggle with. Everybody talks about wanting Cousins but tbh, Beathard could be just as good if not better than Cousins in 3-4 years. I think he has the smarts and toughness to be even better from the pocket than Cousins. But his footwork is just so bad, i cant bank on him to be anything more than a quality back-up until i see drastic change in that area. 

Archived