Kick the tires on Todd Gurley

Vladimir L

On 3/19/2020 at 6:13 PM, Vladimir L said:

lets be honest Guice and Love are fragile.

AP is AP old....

If we can get Gurley at a decent price is worth kicking the tires on?

Guice is fragile, but I would also argue it's because they rushed him into being the full-time guy too soon.  

Bryce Love is recovering from a torn ACL.  There is nothing else to indicate he's fragile.  

Peterson is still a threat to run for 1,000 yards in a season.  That's still the standard for running backs, and from what I saw last year, no doubt he could do it.  

They didn't spend the fourth round pick on Love last year to go ahead and sign a veteran like Gurley for all of that money.  And on top of it, Gurley has a worse knee than Guice does.  There are concerns he shouldn't touch the ball more than 10-15 times a game.  

Gurley was the man at UGA and at the start of his Rams career.  I'm a huge UGA fan and followed his career with the Rams and love the guy, but there is too much going against him right now.  I thought the knee injury just needed time to heal in the off-season, but if you look at him last year, he's not the same guy.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Welcome to moderator-hood. As soon as I saw they released him, I knew someone would have posted we get him.

Wait ... they made MikeT14 a mod???

actually, that's not the worst decision ...

BTW, @MikeT14

aYmln.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

It was a rotation of Redskins people. I am actually pretty sure I "took your spot", and went to College football while @naptownskinsfan does that and Skins.

So what you're saying is it takes at least two people to replace my slack ***?

Jeebus, you guys might be more worthless than I originally thought! :D:D:D

Just now, Woz said:

THAT'S A WARNING! ;) 

It's funny though, everyone is right, you do have to monitor what you say and do so much more now haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

THAT'S A WARNING! ;) 

It's funny though, everyone is right, you do have to monitor what you say and do so much more now haha. 

oh the number of times I wrote a massive profane and fiery post ... and then deleted it ...

I'm not a mod anymore.

tenor.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

You can swear now.  Just let it fly.  The mods are softies they give you like 10 warnings around here.  Suckers.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You can swear now.  Just let it fly.  The mods are softies they give you like 10 warnings around here.  Suckers.  

In that case ...

I would like to direct this to the distinguished members of the panel: You lousy cork-soakers. You have violated my farging rights. Dis somanumbatching country was founded so that the liberties of common patriotic citizens like me could not be taken away by a bunch of fargin iceholes... like yourselves.

in case you don't get the reference: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087507/quotes/qt0323156

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woz said:

oh the number of times I wrote a massive profane and fiery post ... and then deleted it ...

I'm not a mod anymore.

tenor.gif

Per the bolded - I agree. I still do that now (as we've privately discussed in the past)

For the other thought...

I'm watching you...mister

• Like 1