Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to Cowboys, 1yr $4mil

daineraider

Just now, daineraider said:

Very reasonable price for him.  

A very reasonable price. I'm surprised Pace couldn't work something out to keep him. But my guess is that Pace/Pagano is looking for someone who is a better fit to play closer to the line of scrimmage in order to free up Jackson again so that it lets him play more to his strengths than it is does hinder them (closing speed, ball-hawking skills, covering a lot of ground, etc).

HHCD was solid last year while playing both as a "center-fielder" for the majority of the year next to Eddie Jackson. He would not "wow" you in any way but was not a liability either.

He's a solid player with the right personnel around him. Get him a good FS in the draft and this a very good signing at this price. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pugger said:

There is a reason he is on his 3rd team in 3 years.  He didn't appear to like to tackle when he was in GB.

His tackling wasn't bad that I can recall last season for the Bears, but the biggest reason he wasn't retained was that he didn't really work well in a SS role, which left Eddie Jackson playing in the box more than he should since he's a game changer when roaming in coverage.  I am surprised he didn't get more money, but I'm not surprised the Bears didn't bring him back.