• Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
    • Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    • Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
    • Other (Please State)
    • [Leave Blank]

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2020 at 07:47 AM

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I have it as Thomas > Wirfs > Wills > Becton but all are in my Top 12 Prospects. Insane OT class. Thomas gets really slept on. He’s gonna be a stud LT. 

Not going to fault anyone for how they have them lined up personally.

For the Jags, Wirfs and Becton are at the top followed by Thomas, then Wills. That's how j feel about them as LT prospects+upside.

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I have it as Thomas > Wirfs > Wills > Becton but all are in my Top 12 Prospects. Insane OT class. Thomas gets really slept on. He’s gonna be a stud LT. 

Same here.  However, I'd rather take the Houston or USC OTs late 1-early 2 then spend a top 15 pick on Becton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Same here.  However, I'd rather take the Houston or USC OTs late 1-early 2 then spend a top 15 pick on Becton.

Jones scared me a bit, but people will be getting scary value on Jackson in the Late 1st/Early 2nd. Worst case scenario is Jackson is a Top 5 RT. But he could probably hold his own at LT.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jones scared me a bit, but people will be getting scary value on Jackson in the Late 1st/Early 2nd. Worst case scenario is Jackson is a Top 5 RT. But he could probably hold his own at LT.

People seem to forget that Jackson couldn't lift weights until week 4 or 5 due to the bone marrow transplant.  And he was still excellent aside from the one game against Epenesa.  He does need to add more strength which I don't think will be an issue.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

People seem to forget that Jackson couldn't lift weights until week 4 or 5 due to the bone marrow transplant.  And he was still excellent aside from the one game against Epenesa.  He does need to add more strength which I don't think will be an issue.

I need to watch more of him. I think JAX takes a hard look at an OT to push Cam Robinson/replace him and I've heard good things about him.

I went Simmons, Becton, Wirfs. If we could choose 4, Wills would be my 4th, although all 3 of those guys are great prospects. I'd have no problem with any of them; just depends on which 'flavor' you like the most honestly.

Simmons is above all 3 though. This defense, and this franchise, needs a defensive playmaker in the absolute worst way. There should be another good OL prospect available when the Giants pick in the 2nd. There isn't another guy like Simmons in this draft.

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I went Simmons, Becton, Wirfs. If we could choose 4, Wills would be my 4th, although all 3 of those guys are great prospects. I'd have no problem with any of them; just depends on which 'flavor' you like the most honestly.

Simmons is above all 3 though. This defense, and this franchise, needs a defensive playmaker in the absolute worst way. There should be another good OL prospect available when the Giants pick in the 2nd. There isn't another guy like Simmons in this draft.

Probably fair to think the Giants might think the drop off from these tackles to whatever they could get at the top of round 2 is less than the drop off from Simmons to whatever player they could get there. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Probably fair to think the Giants might think the drop off from these tackles to whatever they could get at the top of round 2 is less than the drop off from Simmons to whatever player they could get there. 

I don't know if Gettleman and co will think that way, but it is definitely part of my rationale for choosing Simmons. Also, the Giants need a tackle (or two) for sure, but we are even weaker inside at Center. We have Jon Halapio coming off a second devastating injury, and Spencer Pulley, who is average at best. Someone like Lloyd Cushenberry is very much at play in round 2 and may have a similar impact to the OL as a whole as a top flight tackle would.

Edit: I should also say I am very high on that tackle from Houston. He's a late round 1/early round 2 guy as well, like Cushenberry.

Edited by minutemancl
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know if Gettleman and co will think that way, but it is definitely part of my rationale for choosing Simmons. Also, the Giants need a tackle (or two) for sure, but we are even weaker inside at Center. We have Jon Halapio coming off a second devastating injury, and Spencer Pulley, who is average at best. Someone like Lloyd Cushenberry is very much at play in round 2 and may have a similar impact to the OL as a whole as a top flight tackle would.

I'd love to see the Giants add another second round pick and take a center and OT in the second round. Should still be some pretty good OTs at the top of round 2. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I'd love to see the Giants add another second round pick and take a center and OT in the second round. Should still be some pretty good OTs at the top of round 2. 

In an ideal world, the Chargers and Dolphins trade up to picks 2 and 3 to take their QBs and we get Chase Young. In the 2nd most ideal world, we get a bounty of picks for our pick from someone who wants a QB, trade back a few spots, and land both a good C and OT prospect. 

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

In an ideal world, the Chargers and Dolphins trade up to picks 2 and 3 to take their QBs and we get Chase Young. In the 2nd most ideal world, we get a bounty of picks for our pick from someone who wants a QB, trade back a few spots, and land both a good C and OT prospect. 

A man can dream! 

• Like 1