Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
goldfishwars

Consensus Mock Draft II - Post Combine - Pick 4 - Giants

WHO DO THEY PICK?  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. -FIRST CHOICE-

    • Andrew Thomas [ OT ] Georgia
    • C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
      0
    • CeeDee Lamb [ WR ] Oklahoma
      0
    • Derrick Brown [ IDL ] Auburn
    • Henry Ruggs III [ WR ] Alabama
      0
    • Isaiah Simmons [ LB ] Clemson
    • Javon Kinlaw [ IDL ] South Carolina
      0
    • Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
    • Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama
      0
    • Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
      0
    • K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
      0
    • Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
      0
    • Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    • Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
      0
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
      0
    • Other (Please State)
      0
  2. 2. -SECOND CHOICE-

    • Andrew Thomas [ OT ] Georgia
    • C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
    • CeeDee Lamb [ WR ] Oklahoma
      0
    • Derrick Brown [ IDL ] Auburn
    • Henry Ruggs III [ WR ] Alabama
      0
    • Isaiah Simmons [ LB ] Clemson
    • Javon Kinlaw [ IDL ] South Carolina
      0
    • Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
    • Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama
      0
    • Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
      0
    • K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
    • Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
      0
    • Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    • Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
      0
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
      0
    • Other (Please State)
      0
    • [Leave Blank]
  3. 3. -THIRD CHOICE-

    • Andrew Thomas [ OT ] Georgia
    • C.J. Henderson [ CB ] Florida
      0
    • CeeDee Lamb [ WR ] Oklahoma
    • Derrick Brown [ IDL ] Auburn
    • Henry Ruggs III [ WR ] Alabama
      0
    • Isaiah Simmons [ LB ] Clemson
    • Javon Kinlaw [ IDL ] South Carolina
      0
    • Jedrick Wills [ OT ] Alabama
    • Jerry Jeudy [ WR ] Alabama
    • Justin Herbert [ QB ] Oregon
      0
    • K'Lavon Chaisson [ EDGE ] LSU
      0
    • Mekhi Becton [ OT ] Louisville
    • Trevon Diggs [ CB ] Alabama
      0
    • Tristan Wirfs [ OT ] Iowa
    • Tua Tagovailoa [ QB ] Alabama
      0
    • Xavier McKinney [ S ] Alabama
      0
    • Other (Please State)
      0
    • [Leave Blank]

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2020 at 07:47 AM

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Then why not Wirfs? Also a freaky combine and much better tape than Becton. 

Because Becton is the more natural LT imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Personally I have it as Thomas > Wirfs > Wills > Becton but all are in my Top 12 Prospects. Insane OT class. Thomas gets really slept on. He’s gonna be a stud LT. 

Edited by BayRaider

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I have it as Thomas > Wirfs > Wills > Becton but all are in my Top 12 Prospects. Insane OT class. Thomas gets really slept on. He’s gonna be a stud LT. 

Not going to fault anyone for how they have them lined up personally.

For the Jags, Wirfs and Becton are at the top followed by Thomas, then Wills. That's how j feel about them as LT prospects+upside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Personally I have it as Thomas > Wirfs > Wills > Becton but all are in my Top 12 Prospects. Insane OT class. Thomas gets really slept on. He’s gonna be a stud LT. 

Same here.  However, I'd rather take the Houston or USC OTs late 1-early 2 then spend a top 15 pick on Becton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Same here.  However, I'd rather take the Houston or USC OTs late 1-early 2 then spend a top 15 pick on Becton.

Jones scared me a bit, but people will be getting scary value on Jackson in the Late 1st/Early 2nd. Worst case scenario is Jackson is a Top 5 RT. But he could probably hold his own at LT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Jones scared me a bit, but people will be getting scary value on Jackson in the Late 1st/Early 2nd. Worst case scenario is Jackson is a Top 5 RT. But he could probably hold his own at LT.

People seem to forget that Jackson couldn't lift weights until week 4 or 5 due to the bone marrow transplant.  And he was still excellent aside from the one game against Epenesa.  He does need to add more strength which I don't think will be an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

People seem to forget that Jackson couldn't lift weights until week 4 or 5 due to the bone marrow transplant.  And he was still excellent aside from the one game against Epenesa.  He does need to add more strength which I don't think will be an issue.

I need to watch more of him. I think JAX takes a hard look at an OT to push Cam Robinson/replace him and I've heard good things about him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went Simmons, Becton, Wirfs. If we could choose 4, Wills would be my 4th, although all 3 of those guys are great prospects. I'd have no problem with any of them; just depends on which 'flavor' you like the most honestly.

Simmons is above all 3 though. This defense, and this franchise, needs a defensive playmaker in the absolute worst way. There should be another good OL prospect available when the Giants pick in the 2nd. There isn't another guy like Simmons in this draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I went Simmons, Becton, Wirfs. If we could choose 4, Wills would be my 4th, although all 3 of those guys are great prospects. I'd have no problem with any of them; just depends on which 'flavor' you like the most honestly.

Simmons is above all 3 though. This defense, and this franchise, needs a defensive playmaker in the absolute worst way. There should be another good OL prospect available when the Giants pick in the 2nd. There isn't another guy like Simmons in this draft.

Probably fair to think the Giants might think the drop off from these tackles to whatever they could get at the top of round 2 is less than the drop off from Simmons to whatever player they could get there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Probably fair to think the Giants might think the drop off from these tackles to whatever they could get at the top of round 2 is less than the drop off from Simmons to whatever player they could get there. 

I don't know if Gettleman and co will think that way, but it is definitely part of my rationale for choosing Simmons. Also, the Giants need a tackle (or two) for sure, but we are even weaker inside at Center. We have Jon Halapio coming off a second devastating injury, and Spencer Pulley, who is average at best. Someone like Lloyd Cushenberry is very much at play in round 2 and may have a similar impact to the OL as a whole as a top flight tackle would.

Edit: I should also say I am very high on that tackle from Houston. He's a late round 1/early round 2 guy as well, like Cushenberry.

Edited by minutemancl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I don't know if Gettleman and co will think that way, but it is definitely part of my rationale for choosing Simmons. Also, the Giants need a tackle (or two) for sure, but we are even weaker inside at Center. We have Jon Halapio coming off a second devastating injury, and Spencer Pulley, who is average at best. Someone like Lloyd Cushenberry is very much at play in round 2 and may have a similar impact to the OL as a whole as a top flight tackle would.

I'd love to see the Giants add another second round pick and take a center and OT in the second round. Should still be some pretty good OTs at the top of round 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I'd love to see the Giants add another second round pick and take a center and OT in the second round. Should still be some pretty good OTs at the top of round 2. 

In an ideal world, the Chargers and Dolphins trade up to picks 2 and 3 to take their QBs and we get Chase Young. In the 2nd most ideal world, we get a bounty of picks for our pick from someone who wants a QB, trade back a few spots, and land both a good C and OT prospect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

In an ideal world, the Chargers and Dolphins trade up to picks 2 and 3 to take their QBs and we get Chase Young. In the 2nd most ideal world, we get a bounty of picks for our pick from someone who wants a QB, trade back a few spots, and land both a good C and OT prospect. 

A man can dream! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went Wills, Thomas, Becton

Cause I think Wills and Thomas are better than Becton/Wirfs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×