Falconof Shadows

Falcons sign Gurley 1 year deal

I think he can still be a quality back, although his knees are pretty much done,

Sad that a guy with so much raw talent will never likely unleash his full potential.  

6 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Quadree Ollison is better!!

I expect Ollison to be the Goalline back like he was at the end of last year With Gurley and Ito Smith doing bulk of the work

From one injury prone dread lock back to another

I could see this is they were planning on limiting Gurley's touches and using him primarily in the redzone where he seems to be at his best...but that's assuming they have another back to do the lifting between the 20s.

Do they?

New TE, new RB. The Atlanta offense will score points. 

30 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I could see this is they were planning on limiting Gurley's touches and using him primarily in the redzone where he seems to be at his best...but that's assuming they have another back to do the lifting between the 20s.

Do they?

Ito Smith and Brian Hill are both quality backs that can do the lifting between the 20s.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ito Smith and Brian Hill are both quality backs that can do the lifting between the 20s.

You don't sign Todd Gurley to a 1 year deal to have Ito Smith and Brian Hill do the heavy lifting.

There's no long term repercussions to this. I expect they'll run Gurley into the ground as long as he's effective. Then try and sign him to a one year deal next year to do it again.

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Ito was the one I was thinking of. Guy has looked pretty solid in the past with his limited role

I wish Todd the best. Sucks what happened to him.