Falcons sign Gurley 1 year deal

Falconof Shadows

5 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? They lost a pro bowl TE and a very solid RB. They brought in a complete unknown at TE and a dude who is rapidly declining and injury prone. 

You forgot, A one legged -- solid RB. :D  Oh ya, Forgot  on turf! Ouch!

Edited by m haynes

47 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

What? They lost a pro bowl TE and a very solid RB. They brought in a complete unknown at TE and a dude who is rapidly declining and injury prone. 

Offensive line for Gurley to run behind (unlike the Rams). Julio factor. Hurst will surprise everyone, as he's far from an unknown. 

Gurley gonna have space to work. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Offensive line for Gurley to run behind (unlike the Rams). Julio factor. Hurst will surprise everyone, as he's far from an unknown. 

Gurley gonna have space to work. 

Yea. To call Hurst a complete unknown is a bridge too far. He has good tape at the NFL level. Just remains to be seen how it will play out with him as THE guy. 

14 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Hurst is cheeks wtf. Dudes almost 30. 

This (2020) will be his age-27 season. 

He won't be 30 until after his rookie deal, including fifth year option, is up.

Additionally, of the 252 players with at least 20 targets in 2019, he was #47 in Yds/target with 8.9 and #40 in catch % with 76.9%, putting him in the top 20% of all qualifying players in both. As you tighten the targets criteria, his ranking gets better. He's also a good blocker. 

Remains to be seen how he will deal with a scale up in usage.

Edited by sp6488

17 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

"I'm rooting for someone to physically not be able to play again"...just pathetic but sadly not surprising. 

Not passing a single physical and never being able to play again aren't mutually exclusive. I hope he passes his next physical, hopefully with a different team, I'd hate to see his remaining years wasted away with Atlanta. But by all means please continue to be "outraged" by this.. 

2 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Not passing a single physical and never being able to play again aren't mutually exclusive. I hope he passes his next physical, hopefully with a different team, I'd hate to see his remaining years wasted away with Atlanta. But by all means please continue to be "outraged" by this.. 

Unless this is a buyer's remorse Ryan Grant scenario, if he doesn't pass this physical it's going to be tough for him to get a chance. And I don't think Atlanta has buyer's remorse on a 1 year deal. 

So yeah, I'm going to call out garbage like rooting for an injury. Especially for a standup guy like Gurley.