Falcons sign Gurley 1 year deal

Falconof Shadows

1 minute ago, LeotheLion said:

Unless this is a buyer's remorse Ryan Grant scenario, if he doesn't pass this physical it's going to be tough for him to get a chance. And I don't think Atlanta has buyer's remorse on a 1 year deal. 

So yeah, I'm going to call out garbage like rooting for an injury. Especially for a standup guy like Gurley. 

Stay salty my friend.

• Like 1

This is a great deal for Atlanta.  No long term commitment.  They get a one year deal to see what he can do.  Gurley is going to be insanely motivated, not only by the one year deal, but to prove to people he can still play at a high level.

This is a great deal for both parties.

25 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

This (2020) will be his age-27 season. 

He won't be 30 until after his rookie deal, including fifth year option, is up.

Additionally, of the 252 players with at least 20 targets in 2019, he was #47 in Yds/target with 8.9 and #40 in catch % with 76.9%, putting him in the top 20% of all qualifying players in both. As you tighten the targets criteria, his ranking gets better. He's also a good blocker. 

Remains to be seen how he will deal with a scale up in usage.

Almost 30.. Almost.. ‘Tis there.. Bro third year players are about to hit their absolute physical peak.. Dudes losing testosterone. I get what you’re saying but I’m not wrong. 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Oh spare me. He's already hurt. 

So it would make your year for him to not play? I'm honestly in disbelief of this mindset. 

The NFC championship game was 14 months ago. If you are rooting for a failed physical to still spite the team then it is time to grow up. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

So it would make your year for him to not play? I'm honestly in disbelief of this mindset. 

The NFC championship game was 14 months ago. If you are rooting for a failed physical to still spite the team then it is time to grow up. 

In this pandemic I am not at all surprised. I’m praying for those 2.. Praying hard. Please forgive them! Please wash their sins. 

• Like 2

Way way overeating to that post! He never said Injured, hope he never plays again, career killer, Die Gurley Die!

All he was basically suggesting was how comical it would be if the Rams had to eat the $10M Still with a failed physical. While said failed physical would also keep him off the Falcons.

Nothing malicious towards Gurley the Man. Maybe both Organizations 😎 but not the man.

As for Gurely signing with Atlanta,  that always made the most sense to me going back to GA. He's going tg kill it in that Offense!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Way way overeating to that post! He never said Injured, hope he never plays again, career killer, Die Gurley Die!

All he was basically suggesting was how comical it would be if the Rams had to eat the $10M Still with a failed physical. While said failed physical would also keep him off the Falcons.

Nothing malicious towards Gurley the Man. Maybe both Organizations 😎 but not the man.

Healthy people don't fail physicals on a 1 year contract. Nothing would be comical about it. No one is laughing at the Redskins eating money on Alex's Smith deal. 

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

Healthy people don't fail physicals on a 1 year contract. Nothing would be comical about it. No one is laughing at the Redskins eating money on Alex's Smith deal. 

Quarantine hits people different I guess, let this one go champ. Mountains out of ant hills right here.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

Almost 30.. Almost.. ‘Tis there.. Bro third year players are about to hit their absolute physical peak.. Dudes losing testosterone. I get what you’re saying but I’m not wrong. 

You are wrong. That's not "almost 30." Rounding up from 27 to 30 is a ton given that's the length of the average NFL career on it's own (3 years).

• Like 2